This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Do you think future Nords should have a more flexible effect section?

You may select 1 option

View results

Effect routing opinions/ideas

Postby Elias » 25 Oct 2019, 22:05

I'm only bringing this up because I'm personally curious.

Hey everybody. I have seen a lot of negative feedback on the limited effect routing on Nords.
Some people say that they don't want any more adjustability with the effects because they don't want a more complicated layout.
After seeing the Moog Grandmother and how dead simple the semi-module re-routing on that thing is, I can't help but wonder how more flexibility would make the effect section too complicated on Stages, Pianos and Electros. Could an optional cable patching be an appropriate option for changing the effect chain?

I have no intention of having any effect on the design of red boards in the future, but maybe we will get something from a conversation.
Last edited by Elias on 25 Oct 2019, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Elias

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Effect routing opinions/ideas

Sponsor

Re: Effect routing opinions/ideas

Postby cgrafx » 26 Oct 2019, 04:43

Elias, No disrespect intended. But there isn't any correlation between the Moog Grandmother and the Nord. The architectures are from two completely different universes (one is analog and the other fully digital). In addition there are no effects on the Moog, so not sure how that question is at all relevant to "should Nord have more flexible effects routing".

And no, you can't just drop patch cables into the middle of a digital audio signal chain.
Last edited by cgrafx on 26 Oct 2019, 04:46, edited 3 times in total.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Elias » 26 Oct 2019, 09:18

cgrafx wrote:Elias, No disrespect intended. But there isn't any correlation between the Moog Grandmother and the Nord. The architectures are from two completely different universes (one is analog and the other fully digital). In addition there are no effects on the Moog, so not sure how that question is at all relevant to "should Nord have more flexible effects routing".

And no, you can't just drop patch cables into the middle of a digital audio signal chain.

Don't you worry, no offense taken (I'm no pro, nor am I trying to be one), I'm here to learn about these things and your opinions on them.

I don't really mean that Nord should integrate analog patch cables to the effects. I should have been more clear with what I meant. What I meant to say is:
Would it really be too hard to give more options on effect routing and at the same time, not get a Korg Kronos?

EDIT: I also just wanted to try out the poll creation
Last edited by Elias on 26 Oct 2019, 09:27, edited 2 times in total.
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Elias

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby analogika » 26 Oct 2019, 12:01

I concur that a slightly more flexible effect routing/assignment would be very nice. I would require additional effects engines, so it is nothing that could be added to existing machines.

I cannot imagine that Clavia would add a routing matrix to their machines — that would radically break the simplicity of the interface.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to General Nord Forum