Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Turn Off Your (Split Point) Love Light

Postby reedmnweep » 16 Oct 2019, 16:56

Bought a Studiologic SL 73 to add a weighted keyboard to my NE5D for piano patches. While I’m able to set the Nord’s Upper voices correctly for the SL73, there’s still a split point showing on the NE5, above which the Upper patch also still sounds. I should be able to have the whole Electro keyboard be the Lower, correct? How do I turn off that otherwise useful little green light?
Apologies for such a simple Q which has undoubtedly been answered both here and in the manual. Your patience with a MIDI elder newbie is much appreciated!
reedmnweep

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Turn Off Your (Split Point) Love Light

Sponsor

Re: Turn Off Your (Split Point) Love Light

Postby pablomastodon » 17 Oct 2019, 19:55

The split point available selections will be C3, F3, C4, F4, C5 and F5. The Upper Receive setting will appear at the "end of the line," after F5, but only if an Upper Split channel has been assigned in the Midi Menu. That parameter value will not appear as an available selection if no midi channel has been assigned to that function.

You apparently have done the midi channel setting correctly, but have failed to adjust the split point correctly. Press and hold the Split button and turn the value knob all the way to the end of the line and you should be good.

bless, pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby reedmnweep » 20 Oct 2019, 04:32

Thank you Pablo. I got them talking now!
reedmnweep

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby NolaNord504 » 21 Oct 2019, 23:18

I've read (maybe here on this forum) that the SL73 uses the same Fatar key bed as the Electro HP models. Is this true?

reedemnweep, would love to hear your thoughts on using the Electro with the SL controller and how well they work together.
-Brian
Stage 2 HA76, Electro 6D 73
Gone but not forgotten: Stage 76 (Classic), Electro 2 73, Electro 3 73, Electro 5 HP
NolaNord504

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Electro Forum