Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Drum Kit list for 3P

Postby rebelsoxuk » 13 Aug 2019, 18:07

Has anyone ever put together a kit list for all the presets and banks in the Nord 3P?

I haven't been able to find one from Nord themselves. :(
It would be great to find one that roughly describes each kit (i.e. 808 kit, Bells kit, Toms Kit, Djembe type kit etc etc)

Regard

rebelsoxuk
rebelsoxuk

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum

Drum Kit list for 3P

Sponsor

Re: Drum Kit list for 3P

Postby musicaldudeist » 12 Oct 2019, 16:28

I just got a 3p and I too would like to find a list of the kits. I'm surprised something like this hasn't popped up yet.
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.
musicaldudeist

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby rebelsoxuk » 13 Oct 2019, 19:01

musicaldudeist wrote:I just got a 3p and I too would like to find a list of the kits. I'm surprised something like this hasn't popped up yet.

Exactly!!

I wish I had to the time to put one together... just as a default list to start with.

sox
rebelsoxuk

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum

Postby Oggi2 » 27 Jan 2023, 14:38

So there are 4 banks already on the product and another 3 on their website that can be added it. With no list and little or no description.

Simple things like this are supposed to be done by Nord when releasing this product. It’s basic product documentation and of course it exists. But they refuse to publish it.

It’s not just poor product documentation, but also Nord seems to not understand that making this list and description can help make the product more understandable and help them sell the product more.
Last edited by Oggi2 on 27 Jan 2023, 14:39, edited 2 times in total.
Oggi2

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Postby wartaler » 28 Jan 2023, 09:04

Hi Oggi2,

Not sure if it's common practice, not sure if it's even feasible to make such lists in case of the Nord drum(sj t.b.h. Listening to the sound demo's on the Nord website, I find it difficult to describe the kits, other than; 'synth drum kit', or sometimes perhaps: 'tuned synth percussion'. Some of the individual sounds within the kits may sound somewhat similar to vintage electronic drums, drumcomputers, acoustic drums, or percussion sounds, but it's a flexible synth, not a sampler. You can sculpt the sounds in infinite ways, and then combine a diversity of sounds into a kit. I'd therefore take any naming or labeling with a grain of salt, if they were to do the effort.

I'd just go through the presets, pick anything you like, perhaps recombine some sounds into new kits, tweak the sounds to your likings, or just create completely new sounds and kits from scratch.

Cheers,
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 01 Feb 2023, 22:12, edited 11 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum