The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: INFO ABOUT NORD C2

Postby EduardoP » 09 Sep 2019, 19:31

Hello, I have read the suggestions by fieldflower.
One question: for a sound bar, PC 5.1 system or similar, should I use the headphones jack?
Regards,
Eduardo
EduardoP

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Sponsor

Postby fieldflower » 09 Sep 2019, 19:56

Whichever is easiest depending on the input of the sound system.
If it's easiest to use a stereo TRS cable, use the headphones out.
It it's easiest to use 2 mono TS cables for Left/Right, use the main outs.

One thing to consider is that it's only the Headphone outs that plays the Monitor in signal.
So if You want to play backing tracks or similar and want them to go out You may want to use the Headphone outs.
And if You want to have monitor in from mixer and use the Headphone out for in-ear it's great to use the man outs instead.
fieldflower
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Bogey » 22 May 2020, 17:40

I'm not that sure Boss systems are any good. You know - there's a saying among sound engineers: "no highs or lows - must be Boss". But, of course, you can do your own research...
Bogey

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Postby Lindsay » 10 Jul 2020, 07:08

Our church uses a pair of EV Evolve 50's https://products.electrovoice.com/na/en/evolve-50/#expandmorespecs

We find these to be excellent as they are 1000 watts per speaker and have the advantage of a 15" subwoofer with 8 mid to high frequency on a pole.

One is great - two is awesome.

For mine - this is the kind of product you need to focus on - there are many similar products from various manufacturers, with various prices and specs.

Our church has a high raked ceiling and is designed to seat about 300. The pair of EV's is awesome for this space. (We also have it hooked into our BOSE PA just to give the sound desk the option of boosting volume if the organist doesn't crank it enough).

A sound bar is unlikely to cut it unless you're in a room with only 20 people.

Pipe organ puts huge demands on speaker systems - really pushes their boundaries. Using the Hammond emulation requires MUCH less in speaker quality.

Remember with pipe sound - it is meant to encompass everyone in the room - not to "come from a speaker" AND often, it has to compete with a room full of singers. It really needs power.

That said - we more often use our C2D in Hammond mode as it is used in a band.

When it is used as stand-alone pipes - it has the required gusto.
Lindsay

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Postby Lindsay » 10 Jul 2020, 07:13

Bogey wrote:I'm not that sure Boss systems are any good. You know - there's a saying among sound engineers: "no highs or lows - must be Boss". But, of course, you can do your own research...

I'm not absolutely certain this is as true as it was, now we are in the age of the subwoofer. Most BOSE professional systems have a decent subwoofer nowadays. I think it dfepends which BOSE system you mean. Maybe the L1 series could be ok.

But possibly not decent enough... I think "Doofing" music with a subwoofer is a lot less demanding than the sophisticated and HUGE lows from a pipe organ.
Lindsay

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum