Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Add transpose in preset

Postby SuperBlueesr » 24 Sep 2017, 20:47

Hello!

Im thinking of buying a Nord Electro 5D, but i need a certain feature

I want to create a preset, and to add a transpose in it
Use case will be: To toggle from song to song, and not have to adjust to the correct transpose per song - I want this to happe just by changing to a program in set list

Is this possible on Nord in general and in Nord Electro 5D spescifically ?

Also, is it possible to send "transpose" via midi to my M-Audio midi keyboard? I have a weighted 88 key midi keyboard as lowest tier

Thanks
Last edited by SuperBlueesr on 24 Sep 2017, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
SuperBlueesr

Add transpose in preset

Sponsor

Re: Add transpose in preset

Postby MvanD » 24 Sep 2017, 23:24

You can save transpose in a program.

If you want to use the midi keyboard to play the transposed program on the Nord, that is possible.
Don't know if it can send the transpose info from the Nord through the M-audio keyboard to a DAW or VST.
MvanD
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby anotherscott » 25 Sep 2017, 00:09

it doesn't make sense for the M-Audio controller to respond to a Transpose command... it has no sounds in it.

If you mean, send the M-Audio a command that tells it to transpose the stuff it sends out when you play its keys, no, there's no such MIDI command for such a function. There's actually no MIDI command for "transpose" at all. It's an illusion. If you hit a button on a keyboard that says "octave up," it is not sending an "octave up" command to attached devices (because there is no such MIDI command). If you're hearing your external sound sources shifted up an octave, it's because, as part of the Octave Up function on your keyboard, the keyboard is shifting every MIDI Note On/Off command up 12 semitones as you play.
anotherscott

Postby clinkmd » 26 Sep 2017, 04:08

You can add a transposition to a preset.

"Superstition" on clav is much easier to play in the original Eb than the E the SRV guitar players want to do it in. So I just saved a preset with it transposed a half step. Be sure you label it as transposed so you don't use it elsewhere! Nothing better for a trainwreck than coming in a half step off.
clinkmd

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby gmillward » 04 Oct 2019, 23:39

How do you add a transpose to a preset? I have tried (on my Electro 3), but the transpose is at the system level and not the voice level, so I can't figure out how to save the transpose in a preset ("program"). If I transpose a semitone, then store the preset, then switch to a different preset and the new preset is transposed. If I reset the transpose, then go back to the first preset, the transpose is lost (and so am I!!!) Thanks for any help.
Last edited by gmillward on 04 Oct 2019, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
gmillward

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby maxpiano » 05 Oct 2019, 09:27

@gmillward: The answers above where for NE5, on NE3 you cannot do that
Last edited by maxpiano on 05 Oct 2019, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum