Nord grand

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Nord grand

Post by Spider »

musicaldudeist wrote:I saw somewhere that someone mentioned getting a keyboard cover with their Grand, a black stretch fabric cover. I was just watching a German unboxing video and sure enough, he pulled out a black stretch cover from the Grand box. I'm guessing this was a promotional thing maybe through certain distributors or something. There definitely was not one in my box.

https://youtu.be/9XwJaCI6w_Q
The product gallery at Thomann's shows the black keyboard cover, so I'd guess it's included at least in EU shippings.
https://www.thomann.de/it/clavia_nord_grand.htm
Last edited by Spider on 16 Sep 2019, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Spider for the post:
musicaldudeist
musicaldudeist
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand

Post by musicaldudeist »

FYI, Kraft Music (US) is showing The Nord Grand in stock
These users thanked the author musicaldudeist for the post:
HwyStar
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.
HwyStar

Post by HwyStar »

Is there any chance that NG on their website is a returned unit? Has anyone here gotten their NG from Kraft Music? I have my concerns since no one else in the US seems to have any NG's in stock.
Nord Grand (Yes, I would buy a new one if it was stolen!), iMac 2017, Sennheiser 650, Steinway Model A, Mason and Hamlin Model AA, Piano Marvel: 3D
musicaldudeist

Post by musicaldudeist »

I got my Grand from Kraft, but I have no idea if that's a return unit.
These users thanked the author musicaldudeist for the post:
HwyStar
Nord Grand, Nord Wave 2, Yamaha YDP-184, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Studio Logic SL88 Grand, Pianoteq 7 Pro, Garritan CFX, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and a smattering of Ukuleles.
musicaldudeist

Post by musicaldudeist »

My experience with their (Kraft) chat customer service has been outstanding. I think if someone asked them about if it was a return they would get a straight answer. They even sent me the additional promo item free (Yeti 20 oz Rambler with Nord Logo) after my I bought my NG when I just asked them if I could buy one.
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by pablomastodon »

Well dang, that's the first I've heard of Yeti Ramblers! I can confirm that Kraft has new inventory at the time of this writing.
These users thanked the author pablomastodon for the post:
HwyStar
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
HwyStar

Post by HwyStar »

Thanks for pointing out Dude (and Pablo!), that the NG is/was in stock at Kraft Music. Mine delivers tomorrow!

After playing it for a few days I will do my best at comparing it to my other two acoustic pianos. For touch and sound. It will be interesting to compare the White Grand (Steinway B) to my Steinway A that I have. I remember playing both pianos when I made the decision to get my current Steinway and I liked the slightly brighter sound of the A over the B. But, the NG has EQ! +1dB to +2dB on the high EQ and I should be set.
Last edited by HwyStar on 22 Sep 2019, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author HwyStar for the post:
musicaldudeist
Nord Grand (Yes, I would buy a new one if it was stolen!), iMac 2017, Sennheiser 650, Steinway Model A, Mason and Hamlin Model AA, Piano Marvel: 3D
HwyStar

Post by HwyStar »

I have had my NG since Monday now and so far so great! I plan on writing up a full review with "I think" one tiny "Con", but even it is very easy to live with. I'm loving it! It's better than the Yamaha N1X. At twice the price. There, I've said it...

PS: I am finally happy to be a part of the Nord family after so many years. I think my next long-term goal will be to get a C3E and rock out with it too.
Last edited by HwyStar on 27 Sep 2019, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author HwyStar for the post:
musicaldudeist
musicaldudeist

Post by musicaldudeist »

Kraft put up two NG videos yesterday, one an overview and the other an "all playing".

HwyStar

Post by HwyStar »

I saw those videos, Dude! Good stuff, Maynard.

Today I worked on my triple-pedal that came with the NG. I was not happy with how you had to totally bottom out the sustain pedal to make the switch engage. So...

I got a 1/4 thick by 3/4 round furniture pad. You know those kinds of pads you put under the legs of chairs? I took one pad and with scissors, I cut the sides of the pad on both sides so the circle became "kind of like" the shape of a big capsule-pill. I opened up the pedal and noted where all the screws went as I pulled them out. There is a slight little trick you must do when you pull the pedals out of the plastic since there is a large plastic part that is inserted between the metal and plastic. Once I pulled the pedals out I stuck the furniture pad right onto the top of the forward gray switch of the pedal! It worked like a champ!!! The shape of the pad was the same as the switch so I think it should do well. Now, the pedal feels like a sustain pedal should feel and clicks on and off sort of in the middle of the pedal's travel. My MP11, which uses the same pedal from Kawai felt the same way and it was time for a good change. Mo Better!