Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Nord Rack 2 program slots working incorrectly?

Postby romanplastic » 12 Sep 2019, 19:35

Hi Norders,
I don't understand the program slots on my Nord 2; If I assign the same midi channel to each slot (A B C D) all four will play simultaneously regardless of which slot is selected. If only one slot is assigned to incoming midi channel, that slot will play regardless of which slot is selected; A will play even if B,C or D is selected. The slots are not layered. The Trig button will play the selected slot as expected.
Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by romanplastic on 12 Sep 2019, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
romanplastic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Nord Rack 2 program slots working incorrectly?

Sponsor

Re: Nord Rack 2 program slots working incorrectly?

Postby cambe » 12 Sep 2019, 21:22

Hej!
This is the normal operation of the nord rack 2. I own one and if you fiddle around the manual you find that this is specified there.
It doesn't matter which slot is selected. The slots will play if they receive a message on their respective channels regardless.
That's why the performance mode allows you to save different midi configurations for each performance. The master channel, that would be playing only the selected slots, doesn't work for the rack, solely for the keyboard version.
Best
Last edited by cambe on 13 Sep 2019, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
cambe
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby ApolloSynths » 27 Sep 2019, 23:12

I was wondering the same thing. But I've realized there's some neat usage of this. For one song, I have slots A and C turned on and set up with an arp and pad across a split. Then slot B is turned off but set to a different MIDI channel. I use that for a lead sound from a controller, and since splits aren't considered with off channels, that sound goes across the whole keyboard.
ApolloSynths

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby pablomastodon » 29 Sep 2019, 06:16

on rack units, slots are only OFF if their respective midi channel is set to OFF. if set to any specific channel 1-16, that slot will always respond to any incoming midi data on that channel

bless, pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum