Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Advice desired for recreating “here comes the rain arp”

Postby ddavis539 » 06 Sep 2019, 05:18

Hello.

I’ve recently purchased a stage 3 keyboard. This is the first time I’ve had access to synthesizer controls on a keyboard. I’m trying to reproduce the sound heard in the opening part of the Eurythmics song.

I’ve learned how to set up the arpeggiator to repeat the 3 note sequence timed with 1/16 master clock, but can’t figure out how to use the filter / modulators to adjust the saw wave to make the right sound (or if it’s possible). I read something on a different synth site which described applying a LFO and drive to a saw wave to make the sound, but I’m not having any luck.

If someone could could explain the settings or provide a program file that would be appreciated.

Thanks
ddavis539

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Advice desired for recreating “here comes the rain arp”

Sponsor

Re: Advice desired for recreating “here comes the rain arp”

Postby modalmixture » 12 Sep 2019, 09:50

Choose a saw or supersaw wave for Osc1, set the amp attack to 0 and the amp decay to ~132ms to get a short crisp sound. Turn the filter resonance to 4 and filter to taste. There is some noise added in the original, so set Osc 2 to a noise source and mix to taste. That should get you 90% of the way there. You can experiment with modulating the filter with the mod envelop or adding unison voices.

The author modalmixture was thanked by 2 members, including:
SuperStageddavis539
modalmixture

Postby ChillOnTheSun » 12 Sep 2019, 10:14

ddavis539 wrote:Hello.

I’ve recently purchased a stage 3 keyboard. This is the first time I’ve had access to synthesizer controls on a keyboard. I’m trying to reproduce the sound heard in the opening part of the Eurythmics song.

I’ve learned how to set up the arpeggiator to repeat the 3 note sequence timed with 1/16 master clock, but can’t figure out how to use the filter / modulators to adjust the saw wave to make the right sound (or if it’s possible). I read something on a different synth site which described applying a LFO and drive to a saw wave to make the sound, but I’m not having any luck.

If someone could could explain the settings or provide a program file that would be appreciated.

Thanks

And I can´t figure out how to set up arpeggiator to play this sequence...how did you managed it?
ChillOnTheSun

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby ddavis539 » 09 Oct 2019, 21:23

ChillOnTheSun wrote:And I can´t figure out how to set up arpeggiator to play this sequence...how did you managed it?

I just set up the arpeggiator to use the default ascending mode. Configured it to tie to the master clock (126 for this song) and to 16th note. I enable the kb hold button to play it continuously and then press G4 + B5 + C5 to get it started.

The default arpeggiator is just those 3 notes repeated. Sometimes they use a 2 octave arpeggiator, so I quickly tap the octave button to enable that for a couple measures and then twice again to reset it to the default. It's worked out well for this song.

Hopefully that description helps, I'm not in front of the kb at the moment. ;)

The author ddavis539 was thanked by 2 members, including:
SuperStageChillOnTheSun
ddavis539

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)