General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Issue with NS2 knob

Postby christianjwagner » 05 Dec 2017, 22:52

Hello,
before heading to the repair store, I'd just like to get your opinion, maybe it's a familiar issue to anyone.
I have a Nord Stage 2 Compact, and recently I've had troubles with the knob you use to change samples:
When I turn it, the sample menu is kinda "stuck" means the values are incremented only slowly. It does change, but there are leaps in between and it is not as quickly as it used to be. e.g. I used to switch from 1 to 130 in merely 2 secs, now I have to turn and turn, and it's kind of weird.
I don't know if this is rather a software or hardware issue (I suppose the latter), so in case you have experiences this, just comment, otherwise have a nice evening.
Chris.
christianjwagner
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Issue with NS2 knob

Sponsor

Re: Issue with NS2 knob

Postby Papamotif » 06 Dec 2017, 23:31

Hi there!

I had exactly the same problem with my NS2 HA 76! Lived with it for a year and then e-mailed Nord-support! They sent me a new ”knob” (don’t know the word for the actual part) and my local servicetech changed it! Works fine!!! I think it’s a common hardware-problem on the Stage 2:s! I think there are more threads about it on the forum!

So just go for your local servicetech!!!!
Papamotif
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby Dugrok » 07 Sep 2019, 03:17

Also had this problem with the program selection knob which is the same part. I used tome deoxit 5 and rotated it about 200 times in each direction. Seems to have worked on that knob.

However, I also have the same issue with the rate/tempo knob and this solution doesn't work. I've bought the replacement part but am wondering if anyone has any suggestions before I go ahead and replace the part (I'm not very good at soldering and would rather avoid it if I can).
Dugrok

Postby pablomastodon » 07 Sep 2019, 06:02

Where in Canada are you located? Canadian Nord Service HQ is in Montreal. If you are in or near another major metro area, the Montreal crew may be able to recommend someone local to you. Please feel free to PM me.

For the record, I am no longer primarily responsible for support in Canada, only USA, but I still have connections there qne can point CA folks in need in the right direction.

Bless, Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Dugrok » 07 Sep 2019, 19:59

Thanks Pablo. I'm in Sudbury Ontario (7 hours from Montréal and 4 hours from Toronto). Don't know if you have any recommendations for a technician here... But if you I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Dugrok

Postby pablomastodon » 11 Sep 2019, 00:11

Hi Dugrok,

I haven't seen a PM from you, but better still would be to email me at:

pablo.mastodon@americanmusicandsound.com

and I can refer you to the Main Man in Montreal, who is better positioned to suggest a tech who may be local to you
and if there is no one, he'd be the person to whom you would pack and ship
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Stage Forum