Next version of MacOS probably doesn't support Sound Manager

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.
emelenjr
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Re: Next version of MacOS probably doesn't support Sound Man

Post by emelenjr »

sus_4 wrote:I believe Jeffrey Epstein was reading this thread, just before he tied the noose.
"LOL I believe Jefferey Epstein and I had at least one thing in common!" doesn't further the discussion in this thread, and it definitely doesn't help your case.

If you're going to make a Jeffrey Epstein joke, at least don't make one that takes you down with it. Jeffrey Epstein never had this problem because he never used anything other than 16-bit software.
Last edited by emelenjr on 23 Aug 2019, 21:10, edited 2 times in total.
Gambold
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Post by Gambold »

>No one knows the Clavia software team is “scrambling” to finalize the update.<

Let's not forget that this is a small company. This "team" could well be one dude with a long punchlist of projects. But whatever the sitch in Stockholm, it's clear that this forum cannot satisfy the OP's thirst for knowledge. So I suggest he keep calling Clavia until someone there gives him the answer he craves. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a Swedish phrase-book at hand...
These users thanked the author Gambold for the post:
Schorsch
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by analogika »

"A 64-bit version will be available on this download page before Apple ends their support for 32-bit applications."
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
harmonizer
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Post by harmonizer »

Apple is not ending support for all previous versions of MacOS on the day that the new version is released which lacks 32-bit app support. I would interpret the phrase "before Apple ends their support for 32-bit applications" to mean as long as there is *any* Apple-supported version of MacOS which can run 32-bit applications.

This will be small comfort to anyone who may be needing to use the newer version of MacOS (which does not support 32-bit apps) for some other reason. I would guess that new MAC devices will start shipping with the new version of MacOS soon after the non-beta becomes available from Apple. Some people may be planning to upgrade to new MAC devices because their current hardware is too old, running short on storage, or just broken. It will not be a practical option for such users to downgrade their version of MacOS, whether it is technically possible or not.

I think this wording was chosen very carefully by Nord. They could have said that a 64-bit version will be available from the Nord download page with 'x' number of days after any non-beta MacOS version is officially released from Apple, which does not support 32-bit applications. But Nord did not say this.
Schorsch
Donator

Post by Schorsch »

True - so there is much room for interpretation in both directions, could be as you said but also that Nord considers Apples end of support for 32bit happening when the most current OS does not support it anymore. No reason to just think the negative or the positive way - it’s all about wait and see what happens when Catalina’s final version is released.

let's just make sure to cook this thread until Catalina is ready, making sure the topic will not be forgotten until then :twisted:
Last edited by Schorsch on 24 Aug 2019, 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
analogika

Post by analogika »

Oh good grief.

If Apple releases new Macs in September, as is apparently likely, those Macs will not support 32-bit apps.

But yeah, I’m sure Clavia are hedging their bets and won’t release a 64-bit version until Apple stops supporting Mojave, some five years from now. That’s surely what they mean.

:roll:
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
ajstan
Donator

Post by ajstan »

Well it seems that this thread has run its course regarding Nord Sound Manager.

To get things on a more productive path, have any Mac users received a warning message regarding 64-bit compatibility for Nord Sample Editor? Any thoughts :D ?
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer
analogika

Post by analogika »

:shifty: :shh:

:lol:
emelenjr
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Post by emelenjr »

It's like Christmas in September! Clavia Support wrote me again today and let me download 64-bit versions of Sound Manager and the Nord Electro OS updater. If I weren't traveling at the moment, I'd have my Nord with me, but I can confirm that what Clavia is currently beta-testing works with what Apple is currently beta-testing, as in the apps actually open up.

Now that there's a new answer to the question that's central to this post topic, i thought it deserved an update. I'll test the apps out more thoroughly when I can, but it looks like Clavia is at least 90% there in terms of being ready for Catalina. Cheers, all.
These users thanked the author emelenjr for the post:
ajstan
derrellpiper
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Post by derrellpiper »

My goodness, what got into them?
These users thanked the author derrellpiper for the post:
analogika
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.