Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 5 freezes

Postby sellu » 05 Apr 2018, 17:32

Hi all!

This is my first post in here. I have an issue with my NE5D 73 and I'd like to ask you if you could possibly try whether you have the same problem. This would help me solve whether this error occurs only on my device or is it just a bug in the system.

So this is the thing. I play on Part Lower with "Piano" activated. I have string resonance on. I press the sustain pedal and play some keys, at least three of them. While still holding the pedal down, I change Part Lower to use the "Synth" section. This causes my NE5 to totally freeze with no keys or buttons responding. Restarting the device brings everything back to normal and no damage has been happened.

This doesn't happen every time but often when I try this. Of course this is not a big error and I can change the section when not any notes playing. But I'd be happy if someone tested if this happens on their NE5. I also have the latest OS 1.42.

If my explanation of the problem was not precise enough, I'd be happy to tell more details about it, just ask.

~Sellu

The author sellu was thanked by:
sveltefox
sellu

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Electro 5 freezes

Sponsor

Re: Electro 5 freezes

Postby JayDee » 05 Apr 2018, 23:05

I have a 5D 61 with the latest OS. Never tried that before, but mine does the same, had to restart as well.

The author JayDee was thanked by:
sellu
JayDee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Electro 6 - sound freezes

Postby NeoMusic » 30 Aug 2018, 01:33

My Electro 6 HP 73 piano sound (Fazioli) froze twice last week during two separate gigs. The parameters were still changeable but the sound would not return. I turned the EX 6 off and on and back it came. Ironically I didn't try the panic button because I was panicking in front of the audience. Couldn't come up with the Shift - Reverb thing quick enough. Any suggestions? I run the latest iOS which at the time of writing this is v1.18.
Last edited by NeoMusic on 30 Aug 2018, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body!
NeoMusic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby baekgaard » 30 Aug 2018, 12:15

@NeoMusic: Do you remember any parts of the pattern that lead up to the NE6 to freeze?
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby NeoMusic » 03 Sep 2019, 03:53

baekgaard wrote:@NeoMusic: Do you remember any parts of the pattern that lead up to the NE6 to freeze?

Parts of the pattern? I'm not sure if I know what you mean. However, the bug persisted and I found out that it had to do with a sound that I sampled. The electro 6 only froze when I played the personal sample layered with the Italian piano. But I guess it would occur in combination with any other sound too. I contacted the Clavia Nord support but they couldn't figure it out and ultimately never came back to me. I updated to the latest OS but stopped using the personal sample, so I dunno if the bug keeps occurring. Also I purchased the Nord Grand as a second gear.
Last edited by NeoMusic on 03 Sep 2019, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body!

The author NeoMusic was thanked by:
baekgaard
NeoMusic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Electro Forum