Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Sample Instruments from Apple Logic Pro X

Postby phillip_lyznav » 30 Aug 2019, 12:06

Hi Nord users!

I have a CD that I recorded which uses instruments from Apple Logic Pro X. For example: "Solo Star" and "Hovering Machine". The problem is that I want to perform these songs on my Nord Piano 2.

Is it possible to sample these instruments and export to .wav for use in the Nord Sample Editor and without recording every note manually at different velocities?

Phillip
phillip_lyznav

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Sample Instruments from Apple Logic Pro X

Sponsor

Re: Sample Instruments from Apple Logic Pro X

Postby Mr_-G- » 30 Aug 2019, 12:10

The sample editor can load wav files, so if you have the wavs, you can load them to produce a nsmp file.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by:
Marlowes
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby phillip_lyznav » 30 Aug 2019, 12:50

Mr_-G- wrote:The sample editor can load wav files, so if you have the wavs, you can load them to produce a nsmp file.

So specifically, is it possible to automate generation of .wav files from a built in instrument in Logic Pro X? Those particular instruments don't have .wav files; I think they are synthesisers rather than samplers.
phillip_lyznav

Postby phillip_lyznav » 30 Aug 2019, 13:20

phillip_lyznav wrote:
Mr_-G- wrote:The sample editor can load wav files, so if you have the wavs, you can load them to produce a nsmp file.

So specifically, is it possible to automate generation of .wav files from a built in instrument in Logic Pro X? Those particular instruments don't have .wav files; I think they are synthesisers rather than samplers.

I think what I'll try is to use these midi files and export to .wav: nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/nord-sample-editor-tutorial-html-t1179.html.

Edit: I think one can also try this: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13049?locale=en_US.
Last edited by phillip_lyznav on 30 Aug 2019, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
phillip_lyznav

Postby phillip_lyznav » 02 Sep 2019, 08:31

Update:

I created a .wav sample file for "Solo Star", but it doesn't really have the result that I desire. If I export the .wav with all the synth effects, then it doesn't really work well as a sampler. If I export only the synth basic and try to create delay effects and so forth on the Piano 2, the effects sound rather contrived and unlike the sound in Logic Pro X.

I think that without a Nord Stage or something like that the best option is unfortunately to use a laptop with Mainstage or something like that for a live performance. However, if I knew enough about synthesisers another good option would be to emulate these instruments from first principles in a peripheral divice (maybe a http://zynthian.org/ ?). It looks like one can see the base synth and effects in Logic Pro X—at least then I don't need my laptop and can pass the midi to something like a zynthian or any kind of midi synthesiser. The trouble is building these instruments from first principles!

Phillip
phillip_lyznav

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)