General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Stage 3 Dual KB Midi Controller M-Audio Code49

Postby keysjunkie » 28 Aug 2019, 18:27

I've been using an M-Audio Code49 as my Stage 3 Compact dual KB midi controller. Two issues keep consistently popping up...stuck midi notes requiring the Code49 to be powered down and the velocity curve is always hard. For instance, if I assign a piano to the dual KB, there is almost no sensitivity in playing, the notes are hard and at full attack. I've tried adjusting the velocity curves on both the Stage 3 and Code49, to no avail. Is this an issue with the midi controller or the Stage 3? If it is a midi controller issue, what do you all recommend for use as a dual KB controller?
keysjunkie

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Stage 3 Dual KB Midi Controller M-Audio Code49

Sponsor

Re: Stage 3 Dual KB Midi Controller M-Audio Code49

Postby Al_DeKlein » 30 Aug 2019, 00:38

I use both my Casio PX-5S (live) and Arturia Keylab 88 (home) as an 88-key weighted controller for my lower "piano" Dual KB controller with both my NE5D-73 and NS3C. I have had zero issues with both controllers used with both Nord keyboards. I'd have to say it's a controller issue for you.
Al_DeKlein

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum