General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Trade my NS3c for your NS3 HP76? UK

Postby Nicko » 22 Aug 2019, 20:48

Hey Guys,

Long time no post! So I've had my NS3c for just over a year AND have kept my NS2 88 simply because I have SOOO many custom sounds in my NS2 for my band. Its a real mountain to climb getting them all re-constructed for the NS3 so can;t part with the NS2 just yet.

However...

Although the lightness/form factor of the NS3c is awesome, I'm really missing the weighted keyboard and longer scale keys. Just not settling in the groove of the waterfall keyboard. I also really miss the lights for the organ section - I'm not finding the drawbars on the NS3c as useful as I thought I would.
So I'm considering going to the halfway house and getting a NS3 HP76.

Does anyone in the UK fancy doing a trade? I'm in Yorkshire but can travel (within reason obvs).

If this is up your street, drop me a PM. I have the nord case for my NS3C too - I will defo miss those rucksack straps!

Nick
Nicko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Trade my NS3c for your NS3 HP76? UK

Sponsor

Re: Trade my NS3c for your NS3 HP76? UK

Postby LeftyBass68 » 26 Aug 2019, 19:14

You are aware the 76 key action is not the same as the 88? Key travel depth is deceptive on the 76, if you are a hard player your hands and wrists will not enjoy the 76 as much as the 88.
I have a compact and an 88.The action on a 76 reminded me of the Roland RD150......also a Fatar action IIRC.Hurt my hands and sold that one!
What you'll gain with piano 'style' keys is your call,I need full travel depth on playing keys.The HA88 responds well.If you really don't nail the keys the 76 might work for you.
Too much emphasis on size and weight.The pianos on the Compact 'summed mono ' cut through a live mix better than this 88 in stereo,just my experience so far.
Judging the audience reaction this past Saturday I'd say the Compact is a keeper! So is the 88! Real time drawbar control for organ solos is a must have IMO.
I am not a fan of the 76,which compromises even more than the others both in lack of drawbars,and no HA piano action.So you'll save what? Your hands when playing hard? Not.
NS3C NS2EX88 C2D Yamaha MOX8 Behringer Model D (5) Behringer Neutron (5) Roland Lucina AX9 12 Hammonds/Leslies.(BV/BCV/B2/3 A100's/M3/M102 etc.
LeftyBass68

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Trade my NS3c for your NS3 HP76? UK

Postby Nicko » 27 Aug 2019, 23:39

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. TBH I had no idea that the 76 and 88 keybed were different. That sort of throws a spanner in the works for my plan. So was this the same for the NS2 era?

Yeah so I thought I'd like the drawbars over the lights/buttons I'd hd on my previous Nords. However, I'm just not feling the love in the same way as i do on a real hammond. I guess I've sort of got used to seeing where I'm at with the lights/buttons etc.

I do love the way my NS2 sounds and feels - especially for piano stuff. Just don;t feel I'm as expressive on the NS3c - a bit more clumsy too.

I'll have to go and have a really detailed play in a shop and see whats what. Its a shame because I love the weight and form factor of the NS3c.

Thanks again for your insight

Nic :mrgreen:
Nicko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum