Is Stage Lead or Wave 2 possible in the future?

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.
Klondyke77
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Advice to Nord for Nord Stage 4 or new Nord Workstation

Post by Klondyke77 »

LewTheKeysGuy wrote:[..]I'm a church organist. As such, I was disappointed by the "Pipe Organ" models as they do not in any way represent a pipe organ and with this, you cannot change volumes of stops on a pipe organ unless they are in swell divisions. therefore organ stops are on / off like the farfisa principle. The way to fix this issue is to take the entire C2d's pipe organ which is sample based and import it into the organ module of the stage, then allow grouping, etc so that great and swell could be utilised, then preset (general pistons) could be used. [..]
I'm disappointed too about the "Pipe Organ" as I'm also a playing church organ.
I would at least appreciate a few more pipe organ samples for the synth section. I think they could be easily derived from the C2D samples.
Actually it's a good compromise for me to combine one or two pipe flutes (samples) with the Pipe Organ in the Organ section.
CountFosco
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Post by CountFosco »

LewTheKeysGuy wrote:Why not release a more updated version as a 3 manual and expand the pipe organ setup, include general and divisional piston buttons below each manual for quick changes but still keep that sexy C2D design and sound.
I honestly think you guys are thinking too small. Nord have really dropped the ball by not developing a 5 manual keyboard with a weighted 88 on the bottom, dual SW waterfall manuals with 8 sets of drawbars, a synth action combining the functionality of all the Lead models and also bringing in the best features from all the other synth I've ever played, and also from the ones I haven't, and on top a full featured workstation with premapped controls for existing DAWS and also for as yet non-existing DAWS. I just think they lack vision.
These users thanked the author CountFosco for the post (total 3):
Hobster, pablomastodon, RichardG
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by pablomastodon »

Spider wrote: When they tried something radically different (Nord Modular) it was abandoned.
Apparently, in spite of wowing critics and developing a cadre of hard-core devotees, it was not sold in sufficient numbers to make continued development along those lines economically viable. My guess is that the wider instrument-buying public did not want to work that hard at learning/programming an instrument. Perhaps Clearly Nord was ahead of their time, judging by the current wave of interest in hardware modular systems. I consider the Nord Modulars to be the Studebakers of the keyboard industry.

Nord is seemingly traditionalist about many things, but has broken some of their own "rules" in the past. Electros are no longer monotimbral. And the Kawai keybed and slanting front panel of the Nord Grand are departures from longstanding practice.

It would seem reasonable to expect that the lesson learned from their modular experience would be to design/build things with broad-based appeal to have a wider market demographic. 4x4 pad matrices, aux set of 8 faders, step sequencer, looper, etc. would perhaps each make a subset of people happy, but that would be a small subset and not sufficient to justify the effort/expense of developing/producing them.

Besides, the front panel of the Stage is already fairly crowded. My NS3 Compact barely has enough room for my beer, cellphone, burger, frites (curry mustard!), ashtray and shot glass. The greatest thing about the Grand is that there's room for an entire Smörgåsbord. :D

PS -- still waiting for cellphone charger port and combo hot/cold plate for beer/coffee. Also, a lighter would be convenient for those windy outdoor gigs.

In the words of the venerated Count Fosco, clearly the designers at Nord lack vision.
Last edited by pablomastodon on 23 Aug 2019, 16:26, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author pablomastodon for the post (total 6):
Spider, DJKeys, RichardG, analogika, CountFosco, maxpiano
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
CountFosco
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Post by CountFosco »

pablomastodon wrote: My NS3 Compact barely has enough room for my beer, cellphone, burger, frites (curry mustard!), ashtray and shot glass.
:lol:
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by analogika »

Sorry, but that must be a small beer. German sizes, I get a beer and my cellphone on the NS3c, and that’s it.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
Schorsch
Donator

Post by Schorsch »

analogika wrote:Sorry, but that must be a small beer. German sizes, I get a beer and my cellphone on the NS3c, and that’s it.
:lol: Cologne beer (“Koelsch”) leaves some room for a (small) burger :D
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Post by analogika »

That’s not Beer.
These users thanked the author analogika for the post (total 2):
Schorsch, Michldigital
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by Spider »

My Stage 2 EX can comfortably hold a liter of Radler on hot summer gigs, does that count?
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

CountFosco wrote:
pablomastodon wrote: My NS3 Compact barely has enough room for my beer, cellphone, burger, frites (curry mustard!), ashtray and shot glass.
:lol: maybe one at a time, Pablo? :mrgreen:
Schorsch
Donator

Post by Schorsch »

analogika wrote:That’s not Beer.
:lol:

Don't tell this to anybody when you are in Cologne .... :silent:
Last edited by Schorsch on 25 Aug 2019, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..