Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

When you’re gone (Bryan adams) - organ sound

Postby Schorsch » 10 Aug 2019, 16:24

Hi,

I’m looking for the organ settings of “When you’re gone” from Bryan Adams/Mel C, which seems to be a tonewheel organ with some specific attack sound (?), can be heard best in the into and the verse

Watch on youtube.com

Does anyone have this or could let me know how to create it on an NS2 or NS3?
Last edited by Schorsch on 10 Aug 2019, 22:32, edited 3 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

When you’re gone (Bryan adams) - organ sound

Sponsor

Re: When you’re gone (Bryan adams) - organ sound

Postby Schorsch » 14 Aug 2019, 11:59

No one having an idea on how to create that sound on a NS2 or NS3?
Regards Schorsch

Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Schorsch
Donator

Postby WannitBBBad » 14 Aug 2019, 13:33

Listening to the whole song I was thinking it was a synth for the percussive organ and at the very end you hear it sustained out with a chorus effect. I'm a few hundred miles from my Nord right now but would set up the background B3 first - left of the split if you have a pedal for Leslie slow/fast or right of split if you have a half moon or hit the slow/fast button. For the percussive sound I would set up a synth and start with the organ waveforms with chorus set up like you hear it at the end of the song and reverb. If I couldn't get it right with just reverb, I would play around with medium reverb and set delay for a tighter slap back. Using OSC2 you also blend in a wave an octave higher or lower if the organ wave doesn't quite get it on its own. This approach leaves slot B open if you want to add an additional synth to the sound with the same effect settings. Hope this helps, take care.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
Schorsch
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby Schorsch » 14 Aug 2019, 16:01

WannitBBBad wrote:Listening to the whole song I was thinking it was a synth for the percussive organ and at the very end you hear it sustained out with a chorus effect. I'm a few hundred miles from my Nord right now but would set up the background B3 first - left of the split if you have a pedal for Leslie slow/fast or right of split if you have a half moon or hit the slow/fast button. For the percussive sound I would set up a synth and start with the organ waveforms with chorus set up like you hear it at the end of the song and reverb. If I couldn't get it right with just reverb, I would play around with medium reverb and set delay for a tighter slap back. Using OSC2 you also blend in a wave an octave higher or lower if the organ wave doesn't quite get it on its own. This approach leaves slot B open if you want to add an additional synth to the sound with the same effect settings. Hope this helps, take care.

Thank you very much!! I will give it a try and see what the outcome is :yourock:

:thanks:
Regards Schorsch

Schorsch
Donator

Postby Patschi » 18 Aug 2019, 10:39

Schorsch wrote:No one having an idea on how to create that sound on a NS2 or NS3?

Could be a piano (maybe an octave higher) layered onto the organ sound.
Patschi
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Postby Schorsch » 18 Aug 2019, 11:11

You may be right, I saw some videos from Bryan’s live performances where the keyboard player was playing a grand piano with his left hand and the Hammond with his right hand on the intro. I tried to rebuild this on my two Nord stages but am still not getting it right, will continue to try and make it (I am lousy in creating sounds :roll: )
Last edited by Schorsch on 18 Aug 2019, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Schorsch
Donator

Postby MvanD » 18 Aug 2019, 18:36

Schorsch wrote:You may be right, I saw some videos from Bryan’s live performances where the keyboard player was playing a grand piano with his left hand and the Hammond with his right hand on the intro. I tried to rebuild this on my two Nord stages but am still not getting it right, will continue to try and make it (I am lousy in creating sounds :roll: )

Live performances are always a good starting point when you try to recreate a sound.

For this song:
When you try a basic 'rock organ' 888800000 with leslie volume turned up until it sounds just a little bit distorted when you play a chord. No chorus, percussion 3d, soft, fast. Start playing with the leslie slow and just before the singing starts, switch to fast.

For the piano sound: Use an electric grand with a slow phaser effect. You don't even need two keyboards, you can do it with a split.

The author MvanD was thanked by 2 members, including:
BerretjeSchorsch
MvanD
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby analogika » 18 Aug 2019, 18:46

Also, a bit of quite short delay on the piano.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
Schorsch
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby Schorsch » 18 Aug 2019, 19:35

@MvanD: thanks for this, will try it :thumbup: by the way, I am not looking to set it up to play it split between two keyboard, but setting it up the same way on both my NS3 and my NS2 because I use them in two different bands with different rehearsal spaces, and don’t want to haul one Stage around between these two locations ;)

@analogika: also thanks a lot :thumbup: will do so as well.

:thanks: :thanx:
Regards Schorsch

Schorsch
Donator

Return to Nord Stage 2 Programs (*.ns2p files)