Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

A1 Like button trick

Postby skintechnician » 13 Aug 2019, 23:58

Hello,
I was toying around w/ my A1 the other day and I discovered a neat trick. Originally I was creating a patch in program mode using Hold+Hold enabled arp stuff and “Liked” a few of the program iterations. What I discovered was I can scroll thru my “likes” without interrupting Hold function so the notes get held over to the next “liked” patch. (This is different from program mode. In program mode when you change programs there’s a loss of sound then you have to play notes again to obtain sound) It reminded me of impulse morph on the NL4. I ended up saving saving a few of the likes as programs so now I can recall them, like them and perform them as mentioned previously while in the Like buffer. Nothing groundbreaking but I thought it was kinda cool.

Cheers!
Last edited by skintechnician on 14 Aug 2019, 03:50, edited 2 times in total.

The author skintechnician was thanked by 3 members, including:
kiolbopablomastodonCountFosco
skintechnician

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

A1 Like button trick

Sponsor

Re: A1 Like button trick

Postby CountFosco » 14 Aug 2019, 07:18

Good find. I've never really explored the Like function. The downside is, if I remember correctly, the Like buffer gets emptied when you switch off the keyboard (but I see how you handled that - neat)
Last edited by CountFosco on 14 Aug 2019, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Re: A1 Like button trick

Postby skintechnician » 14 Aug 2019, 08:05

You are correct. The workaround is you save them as programs first then Like them whenever you want to use them in a future session. Place them in adjacent Like patches (example L1-L7 are grouped together). I saved the programs adjacent as well (programs 8.20 thru 8.26 etc.) so that they’re easier to recall.

I’m calling the technique “Impulse Like” :thumbup:
skintechnician

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum