The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

alternative Half Moon switch for Nord C2D

Postby michaelpeets » 06 Jun 2019, 20:50

The Hammond/Leslie CU-1 half moon switch, at a third the cost of a Nord half moon switch, works perfectly with the Nord C2D. Attaching the CU-1 to the Nord is a little tricky, though. The holes under the Nord line up laterally with the thumb screws on the CU-1, but the holes in the Nord are slightly too far away from the front edge of the keyboard’s lower manual. However, I turned the spacer that came with the CU-1 upside down and attached it to the Nord with the thumb screws. This leaves a small gap where you slide in the CU-1 just before final tightening of the thumb screws. The CU-1, then, is secure, and at just the right height at key level. After configuring the C2D’s Rotary Control Type to Half Moon, the CU-1 works perfectly. You can get the CU-1 online from BB Organ.
michaelpeets

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

alternative Half Moon switch for Nord C2D

Sponsor

Re: alternative Half Moon switch for Nord C2D

Postby LeftyBass68 » 09 Jun 2019, 00:45

I take mine off every move.Velcro keeps this original Leslie halfmoon attached firmly enough for my needs.
Same halfmoon also operates my Neo Ventilator.All in for 50 bucks and if it fails? Get another 3-way Fender pickup selector switch......
also operates the 'real deal',can use it on the 147,122,142,145,760.....you get the picture.

Somehow the C2D built in Leslie sim or the Neo Vent just don't quite 'get there' A/B'd with the real deal.
Thank you Nord for including a speaker level 1/4" output though!
I did get a good chuckle out of the HL722 hanging off the 11 pin outlet though.
Man that 'Rotosonic' sure rocked.....NOT.Will reconfigure the thing into a traditional 760 type me thinks......
you certainly won't find me shelling out for a 3330 or 971 though.
NS3C NS2EX88 C2D Yamaha MOX8 Behringer Model D (5) Behringer Neutron (5) Roland Lucina AX9 12 Hammonds/Leslies.(BV/BCV/B2/3 A100's/M3/M102 etc.
LeftyBass68

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Rob Millis » 28 Jun 2019, 23:15

LeftyBass68 wrote:Somehow the C2D built in Leslie sim or the Neo Vent just don't quite 'get there' A/B'd with the real deal.

I don't think it is at all fair to put the Neo Vent in the same bracket as the built in C2D sim. It may not exactly nail the experience, the shifting of air, the mechanical and physical elements of using a nice old 40w tube Leslie but for my money it gives ANYTHING current generation a good run, including products with real rotary components. I've had a Leslie 2101, borrowed Motion Sound stuff...even gave one of those little Hammond Leslie 310s (real top; simulated bass rotor) a go. Nah. Give me a Vent any day, unless it has 6 pins and 6550 tubes. And in nine years of Vent-ing, I've not ever been bothered to drag a 145 out. The occasion will come, and I've kept a couple, but I really don't miss them that much at all.
Twickenham's wayward son.
Rob Millis
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby LeftyBass68 » 03 Aug 2019, 04:59

Also mainly use a Vent in stereo rather than drag the Leslie out.A few times though I have recently ;and it's a nice thing to be reacquainted with the actual physical inertia of a box!
Mainly a 142; however this 251 has extra 'iron' and will really 'rock' for a tube amp.Even the loudest guitarists seem to have smaller amps now,there's a 760 here for those that are non-compliant!
I have the two 760's option as well.....or two 147,145 etc.Maybe once a year a pair.Still regard the original Neo Ventilator as the sim gold standard like you Rob!
I leave the openings of the rotors covered,and mic them from the rotor side hidden,the crowd sees no rotors...boring.The db I lose in close monitoring is more than made up for FOH though!
Might as well let the audience hear the best they can do,I already know how they sound hahah.
NS3C NS2EX88 C2D Yamaha MOX8 Behringer Model D (5) Behringer Neutron (5) Roland Lucina AX9 12 Hammonds/Leslies.(BV/BCV/B2/3 A100's/M3/M102 etc.
LeftyBass68

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby elseif » 13 Aug 2019, 04:28

I use both. I guess I would say the stage gets the Leslie and FOH gets the Vent, though both need to be switched together. It works for me because the Leslie is custom and has a small microprocessor to allow switching from either DC voltage or a Vent style footswitch.
elseif

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum