Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: How to Record to a DAW // What cable do i need?

Postby peppermint » 13 Jul 2019, 22:37

Ah ok, thanks!

As soon as my friend is at home we can test it.

I will give feedback!
peppermint

Sponsor

Postby Schorsch » 14 Jul 2019, 00:38

Hi,

I suppose you connect the mono cable to one the inputs at the front of the UMC404, Input 1, 2 3 or 4, right? Did you switch the input selector for that input to line - this is done by the top left button of the selected input? If the button is switched on the input sensitivity is high, for low level signals which causes distortion if you connect an instrument like the Nord, since it operates at line level. So the button has to be switched off.

You then can also control the signal level with the gain control for that channel, if it is still distorted.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..

The author Schorsch was thanked by:
peppermint
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby peppermint » 14 Jul 2019, 10:09

Schorsch wrote:Hi,

I suppose you connect the mono cable to one the inputs at the front of the UMC404, Input 1, 2 3 or 4, right? Did you switch the input selector for that input to line - this is done by the top left button of the selected input? If the button is switched on the input sensitivity is high, for low level signals which causes distortion if you connect an instrument like the Nord, since it operates at line level. So the button has to be switched off.

You then can also control the signal level with the gain control for that channel, if it is still distorted.

Yes you are right, i connectet to the inputs. But i must look these days when my Friend is at home how is the selector status, if its on or off.

Thanks vorerst mal.
Last edited by peppermint on 14 Jul 2019, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
peppermint

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum