A true Librarian for the Mac/PC would be great

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: A true Librarian for the Mac/PC would be great

Post by analogika »

pablomastodon wrote:USB is a Host-Client relationship protocol. Thumb drives are client devices. Client devices require host to function. Nords are not Host devices; they are also client devices.

It is totally possible to get a backup onto a thumb drive, but the thumb drive will need a host device to transfer that data to the Nord.
„iPad support“.

It’s the default Notation these days. It makes sense to assume that you’ve got one at the gig, whatever the gig.

*crossesfingers*
These users thanked the author analogika for the post:
Schorsch
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
LewTheKeysGuy

Post by LewTheKeysGuy »

How could I effectively organise my nord stage 3 so that the first range of programs are purely pianos, then pianos with layers, then after that, synths / samples? Can I completely clear the stage 3 and start from scratch loading the libraries and programs individually from a restore file or does the restore file just put everything back and that's that?
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

LewTheKeysGuy wrote:How could I effectively organise my nord stage 3 so that the first range of programs are purely pianos, then pianos with layers, then after that, synths / samples? Can I completely clear the stage 3 and start from scratch loading the libraries and programs individually from a restore file or does the restore file just put everything back and that's that?
You can use the Organize function of Nord Sound Manager to move Programs around and order them according to your needs/likes.
Last edited by maxpiano on 12 Sep 2019, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by pablomastodon »

do as Max suggested -- this is very simple by drag 'n drop things from where you don't want them to be to where you do want them to be
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
Schorsch
Donator

Post by Schorsch »

Yes that’s true, but it works only when connected to the instrument. It would be great to have a librarian which could work “offline” so you can work on your sound organization remotely, save them into a file and load it up to the instrument when you are able to connect.

And the cream on the top would be an option to create programs on the computer.....

Wishful thinking? :|
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

Schorsch wrote:Yes that’s true, but it works only when connected to the instrument. It would be great to have a librarian which could work “offline” so you can work on your sound organization remotely, save them into a file and load it up to the instrument when you are able to connect.

And the cream on the top would be an option to create programs on the computer.....

You need to have high hopes I'd say, since there has been no such tool since Nord started the Nord Electro/Stage/lead families :roll:
Last edited by maxpiano on 12 Sep 2019, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Schorsch
Donator

Post by Schorsch »

maxpiano wrote:
Schorsch wrote:Yes that’s true, but it works only when connected to the instrument. It would be great to have a librarian which could work “offline” so you can work on your sound organization remotely, save them into a file and load it up to the instrument when you are able to connect.

You need to have high hopes I'd say, since there has been no such tool since Nord started the Nord Electro/Stage/lead families :roll:
Yeah ... it’s not forbidden to dream a bit :P
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
LewTheKeysGuy

Post by LewTheKeysGuy »

Nord Sound Manager is a useful tool, but it has it's problems, problems I recently addressed with Nord but the UK agent SoundTech seemed to miss the point completely.

How many of you face the issue of wanting to preview a particular instrument sample only to find you either have to mess around uploading to the stage / electro, etc, find it's not the sound you want, delete it from memory and start again? I was told this... "If you are intending to download a sample to put on the Stage, then each sample has a demo that you can use to preview it before you download the sample to your computer." now if you can see a few flaws in this comment then please say so... For me, it's rather obvious where this is going wrong.

1: In order for a preview of third party devs sounds, you obviously need internet connection to play those files even after you've purchased them.
2: Third party sellers / devs do not give indexes of every nsmp file with recordings of each file, therefore it's a little daft isn't it?
3: If you're navigating within NSM and want to find particular nsmp files you like the sound of, you want to preview them from the system, NOT FROM A WEBSITE through Soundcloud or youtube where the sound has been compressed further and not giving the true representation.

NSM also needs to give a much easier method of category sort to the stage, piano, electro, etc. I'll give an example. I'd like to organise certain grand pianos to appear in the first slot filling those patches. When you go to dual view and select multiple grand pianos and want to move them to a slot and occupy, you can't it has to be single moves. Not what this product should do.

If we were to look at a "True Librarian" why not give the ability to edit from the librarian, such as having all the settings, etc of the stage, electro, etc in the software so that if quick tweaking from the computer, it could be done.

I'm aware of one product but it doesn't work at all for me, completely inaccessible. so I have to work from the stage 3 directly for a lot of editing.
Utam23
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Post by Utam23 »

nice thread...