General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: List of Nord Stage 3 known issues/bugs

Postby analogika » 05 Mar 2019, 14:37

It is a user-sourced list of issues people are experiencing, ideally after being replicated by other users and reported to Nord support.

Every once in a while, one of us has a bit of time and will go through the list and cross fixed items off the list.

The purpose is for users to get an idea of whether their issues are seen elsewhere, whether they have already been reported to support, or might have been addressed in a later update, and quite possibly for Clavia themselves to have a bit of an external reference (they have explicitly referred to this forum in the past when releasing bug fixes).

The list is NOT an official document.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
baekgaard
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby baekgaard » 06 Mar 2019, 00:22

Exactly what @analogika says.

The list has some items that are getting a bit old by now, and I will likely soon go through it again, and clean it up with respect to things we know have been fixed, and maybe create a cleaned up version in a separate tab that focused on 2.0 and beyond. Generally, the idea is to put things on the list with a clear description on what happened and how it was triggered, whether it is reproducible etc, and then for others to mark it as reproduced.

The first post also tries to explain the intention with the list and this thread.

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
brane
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby analogika » 06 Mar 2019, 12:13

Ah, good. You do that. :-)

I did the last major cleanup around 1.3 or so, I believe.

I’m still on 1.6, so I haven’t got around to checking the newer bug fixes yet.
Last edited by analogika on 06 Mar 2019, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby baekgaard » 06 Mar 2019, 14:03

analogika wrote:I did the last major cleanup around 1.3 or so, I believe.

Yep -- much appreciated! I'll take the lead this time then :-)

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
analogika
baekgaard

Postby Rastaal » 24 Mar 2019, 18:01

Hi, just bought my new NS3 compact and this plastic piece was loose inside. Very small so I got it out from the cooler grid.
It’s definitely a broken part from something else but I have no clue where this come from. Doesn’t look from an actual fatar key, at least not like the NS2 keys.
Does someone know if NS3 compact has different model of Keybed?
Thanks.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRXTcjYxPuaJeHghs_8zCmD77tH1NQFO/view

Edit: I already figured out the problem. Definitely is a broken piece from a key. Doesn’t work aftertouch of that key. I will bring it back to the shop tomorrow. :sad:
Last edited by Rastaal on 24 Mar 2019, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
Rastaal

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby melmore76 » 04 Apr 2019, 08:19

Just upgraded my Nord Stage 3 firmware to 2.1 (I think from 1.6?) so I could use the latest Nord Sound Manager with a Nord Stage 3 program I downloaded (Styx - too much time) - Upon upgrading I now cannot even see more than half of my programs that I configured and stored. Sadly, I did try to backup before the upgrade, however it error-ed out before it finished and I went ahead with the firmware upgrade so I could get to rehearsal. So, I do not have a backup and I am missing several programs. Any others with a similar experience? Suggestions? Wondering if anyone has a copy of the v1.6 firmware so perhaps I can downgrade and see my programs again before my gig next week? Thanks!
Last edited by melmore76 on 04 Apr 2019, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
melmore76

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby cgrafx » 04 Apr 2019, 10:59

The program numbering structure changed between 1.6 and 2.x, I'm guessing that your programs are probably still there. Try connecting with the sound manager and look at the program listings in the sound manager to see if they are simply moved to different locations.

The organization change was done so you could do two button program changes 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, etc.

There is no longer a zero "0" position.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby baekgaard » 04 Apr 2019, 13:04

melmore76 wrote:Just upgraded my Nord Stage 3 firmware to 2.1 (I think from 1.6?) so I could use the latest Nord Sound Manager with a Nord Stage 3 program I downloaded (Styx - too much time) - Upon upgrading I now cannot even see more than half of my programs that I configured and stored. Sadly, I did try to backup before the upgrade, however it error-ed out before it finished and I went ahead with the firmware upgrade so I could get to rehearsal. So, I do not have a backup and I am missing several programs. Any others with a similar experience? Suggestions? Wondering if anyone has a copy of the v1.6 firmware so perhaps I can downgrade and see my programs again before my gig next week? Thanks!
If you're not sure from which previous firmware you came, it may be that you went from 8 banks of 50 programs to 16 banks (A to P) of 25 programs, IIRC around 1.40? So they may still be there, just in another location.

EDIT: Just saw the previous reply by @cgrafx; somehow it didn't show up previously, but we're (almost) saying the same thing (it's just a Q on whether the banks changed in 1.60 og 1.40 -- looks like 1.40 from the list of changes).
Last edited by baekgaard on 04 Apr 2019, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
baekgaard

Postby yaman » 05 Apr 2019, 14:42

Hello,
NS3 Compact, installed OS 2.10 two weeks ago, and now it stopped booting for no apparent reason. No matter what I do, it freezes halfway through the progress bar. Any ideas? Also, does anyone have 2.02 or 2.00 available to go back to?
yaman

Postby Schorsch » 05 Apr 2019, 15:44

Hi,

I would suggest to do a full reset by installing the factory reset file which you can download here: https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/default/files/files/sound-libraries/product-libraries/nord-stage-3/Nord%20Stage%203%20Factory%20Restore%20RevF%20v2.0X.ns3b

And here you go for both the 2.00 and 2.02 OS versions:

Update Nord Stage 3 OS v2.00.zip
(3.65 MiB) Downloaded 104 times

Update Nord Stage 3 OS v2.02.zip
(3.65 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
Last edited by Schorsch on 05 Apr 2019, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..

The author Schorsch was thanked by:
yaman
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum