Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Standard Hammond Organ Patches

Postby Henk Reisen » 17 Jun 2019, 10:22

Hello everybody,

I guess I just don't see the forest for the trees, but I am looking for a set of the standard Hammond organ patches (similar to the Vox/Farfisa soundsets from the Nord homepage) for my Nord Electro 5 and cannot find it anywhere. Pretty sure somebody or even Nord temselves provides such a set containing all those classic sounds like 888000000, Green Onions, Groove Holmes, some jazzy or gospel sets, a hard rock patch etc. I really like to build these sounds from scratch, and I've read about and experimented with classic settings, so I'm not looking for verbal hints how to produce these classic sounds. From the Vox/Farfisa soundsets I found out, that there are often some little tweak and tricks which I can learn from other peoples' patches, so I would like to load some into my Electro and work with them.

Thanks for your advice!
Henk
Henk Reisen

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Standard Hammond Organ Patches

Sponsor

Re: Standard Hammond Organ Patches

Postby JiminWales » 17 Jun 2019, 10:43

There are quite a few resources such as...
http://keyboardservice.com/Drawbars.asp
...which should keep you busy.
In Wales, no one will hear you scream.

The author JiminWales was thanked by 2 members, including:
CaptainMurphyHenk Reisen
JiminWales

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Postby maxpiano » 17 Jun 2019, 10:51

maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Henk Reisen » 17 Jun 2019, 10:53

Thanks for your help, Jim! At the moment I'm not looking for data sheets or setting descriptions, but for loadable patches for the Nords. I want the amp settings, effects etc. included to learn from it.
Henk Reisen

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby vortmaxx » 17 Jun 2019, 19:41

Henk Reisen wrote:...or even Nord temselves provides such a set containing all those classic sounds like 888000000, Green Onions, Groove Holmes, some jazzy or gospel sets, a hard rock patch etc.
Henk

They do. If you look closely at your draw buttons, you should see some numbers right below them. The "in" buttons, or the top row, are numbered 1 thru 9, and the "out" buttons are numbered 10 thru 17 along with a "random". These are presets. Just hold the Shift button and press one of them. Voila!

The Booker T, Groove Holmes, et al sounds are somewhat derived from the particular organs they used and/or abused, but can mostly be reproduced using things like overdrive and key click.

I'm pretty sure Groove may have had an effects loop of sorts. Some of his stuff sounds a bit phased (or maybe phlanged).
vortmaxx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby anotherscott » 17 Jun 2019, 20:41

Henk Reisen wrote:Thanks for your help, Jim! At the moment I'm not looking for data sheets or setting descriptions, but for loadable patches for the Nords. I want the amp settings, effects etc. included to learn from it.

That excel sheet linked above give you all of it... the drawbar settings, C/V, and percussion. Those were all the settings that existed on the real thing. It would take longer to load someone's preset than it would take to make those settings yourself. ;-) And you'll learn by hearing what each setting does as you make it. The only thin I'd add to that is you might alter the drive depending on how clean or dirty the original sound was, which could vary with the particular organ and leslie that was used (and where in the travel of the swell pedal they were playing, but that's not part of a preset either).
anotherscott

Postby Schorsch » 17 Jun 2019, 22:23

vortmaxx wrote:They do. If you look closely at your draw buttons, you should see some numbers right below them. The "in" buttons, or the top row, are numbered 1 thru 9, and the "out" buttons are numbered 10 thru 17 along with a "random". These are presets. Just hold the Shift button and press one of them.

I think this is just true for the Electro 3. Since Electro 4 there are no presets anymore as far as I know, same with the Stage
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby vortmaxx » 20 Jun 2019, 07:03

Mea culpa. Thanks for setting that straight.

To be honest, I have never used a preset for an organ. I keep the "live" slot set to organ (B3) and can usually dial in whatever sound I need within a couple of seconds.
vortmaxx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum