Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Nord Lead 4 Continuous and Impulse Morphs

Postby sebber » 15 Jun 2019, 13:04

Hi all,

longtime Nord user here and having fun with the brilliant Nord Lead 4 . I've got a couple of questions concerning the morphs:

1) Many of the impulse morphs are really stunning. When I want to analyze what's going on, how can I read out the values of a an Impulse Morph? The LEDs show me which parameters have changed, but when I hold "Copy/Morph Lock" and turn the knob of the parameter the display will show the value of the original patch, not that of the morphed patch. Is there any way I can read the changed parameters out?

2) I've got the same question with the continuous morphs.

3) One answer to question No. 1 would be to copy the whole program including the Impulse Morph to another slot and then start comparing. Needless to say this is cumbersome. More worrying though is the fact that sometimes the copied programs do not sound exactly like the original morphed programs. Has anybody else encountered that? Are there any parameters that do not get copied?

4) Finally, is there a way to copy the settings of a continuous morph to another program?

5) Last question: I can copy the settings of a continuous morph, like the mod wheel morph. At least the display shows "CPY". However, I haven't found where I could copy it to?
Last edited by sebber on 15 Jun 2019, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
sebber

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Nord Lead 4 Continuous and Impulse Morphs

Sponsor

Re: Nord Lead 4 Continuous and Impulse Morphs

Postby snugsound » 02 Jul 2022, 23:42

sebber wrote:1) Many of the impulse morphs are really stunning. When I want to analyze what's going on, how can I read out the values of a an Impulse Morph? The LEDs show me which parameters have changed, but when I hold "Copy/Morph Lock" and turn the knob of the parameter the display will show the value of the original patch, not that of the morphed patch. Is there any way I can read the changed parameters out?

2) I've got the same question with the continuous morphs.

(Sorry for the necropost but I had the same question and finally found the answer!)

This is not very well documented, but if you enter morph lock mode, you can then inspect the morph values as you would normally. (Hold copy/morph lock and turn the knob.) The same can be done with the continuous morphs.

sebber wrote:3) One answer to question No. 1 would be to copy the whole program including the Impulse Morph to another slot and then start comparing. Needless to say this is cumbersome. More worrying though is the fact that sometimes the copied programs do not sound exactly like the original morphed programs. Has anybody else encountered that? Are there any parameters that do not get copied?

Not sure but I swear I've occasionally had some parameters not reset to their base values after using an impulse morph. Seems like a bug to me.

sebber wrote:4) Finally, is there a way to copy the settings of a continuous morph to another program?

As far as I can tell, you can only copy continuous morphs within a program (i.e. copy wheel to velocity and vice versa).
snugsound

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum