Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

White Grand released - how to replace piano sounds

Postby brbuchanan » 13 Jun 2019, 22:04

How to get more memory to download White Grand xl without deleting a lot of programs to free up the space on the Nord 3 piano. If have to delete programs then what is the best to delete mb wise.
How much does a bank of 25 hold mb.I know most of the pianos are over 100mb, the white update is 223mb the one i want.
brbuchanan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

White Grand released - how to replace piano sounds

Sponsor

Re: New piano White Grand released

Postby baekgaard » 13 Jun 2019, 22:08

brbuchanan wrote:How to get more memory to download White Grand xl without deleting a lot of programs to free up the space on the Nord 3 piano. If have to delete programs then what is the best to delete mb wise.
How much does a bank of 25 hold mb.I know most of the pianos are over 100mb, the white update is 223mb the one i want.
Don't delete programs - you need to delete or replace piano samples.

Programs don't take up any real space, but what takes up memory are the piano samples. So find one or a few that you don't need and then delete those (or replace with smaller versions).
Last edited by baekgaard on 13 Jun 2019, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: New piano White Grand released

Postby OrpheusNY » 13 Jun 2019, 22:30

brbuchanan wrote:How to get more memory to download White Grand xl without deleting a lot of programs to free up the space on the Nord 3 piano. If have to delete programs then what is the best to delete mb wise.

My method for trying out a new piano sample (B) is to use the "substitute" function in Sound Manager for the sample I guess is most similar to it (A). If I don't end up liking the new sample I can just substitute the old sample back in, no programs are affected. Or maybe I want to keep sample B in addition to A, then I might end up shuffling things around, like if my original version of A was XL, I substitute the L or M to make room for B. Etc.

But substitute is the key, because it doesn't destroy any programming, just alters it all en masse in a way that easily undoable.
Last edited by OrpheusNY on 13 Jun 2019, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
OrpheusNY

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum