Nord Electro 6HP/Piano 4 HA vs Yamaha CP 73/88

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards.
PScooter63
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Re: Nord Electro 6HP/Piano 4 HA vs Yamaha CP 73/88

Post by PScooter63 »

Mental anguish about "inferior" actions comes up fairly often in the forums here. Personal opinion, it rather misses the point of making music.

You, as a performer, are not a machine; you have the skill to adapt. And adapt we all do: no two instruments, especially acoustic specimens of the same model, feel and react exactly the same. We all subconsciously adjust, to coax what we desire from whatever instrument we're playing.

Like others writing above, I too have experienced the creative "glass ceiling" with other equipment manufacturers. They all start out sounding just fine (because of their newness), but after a while, there's just not a lot below the surface. After about six years of weekly playing, I was done with Yamaha's digital sound: there was nothing else for me to squeeze out of it, even with a nice action.

My Nord, on the other hand, just keeps giving and giving. The piano library never fails to amaze, especially live (now that my band has FINALLY gone with a stereo rig, but that's a story for another day). I'm nowhere close to performance fatigue with this. (And this is an E4 HP, one of the more infamous keybeds out there.)
These users thanked the author PScooter63 for the post (total 4):
be lee vit, maxpiano, kirsty, baekgaard