Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

your favourite e-piano and organ programs as *.ns2...

Postby uro-frank » 17 May 2019, 09:48

Does anybody have good programm-settings for e-pianos, with EQ-ing, dynamics and effects? For the Fender-Clones and these vintage e-Pianos and calvinet sounds. It's so time eating to find good solutions... does anybody have good programs for this?

And the same question for organ-sounds:
A good rock-organ for example for CCR, Guns N Roses and so on with some distorsion
A blues-organ
Something jazzy
And different presets for accompaniment and solos?

Thanks for your favourite programs/ideas as *.ns2... files...

:keyboard:
Nordstage 2 EX 88 with Doepfer D3M MIDI-waterfall-keyboard as organ-manual.
2x QSC K8.2 amplification
uro-frank

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

your favourite e-piano and organ programs as *.ns2...

Sponsor

Re: your favourite e-piano and organ programs as *.ns2...

Postby WannitBBBad » 18 May 2019, 16:24

You might find something helpful at this link. My "Utility" program includes a B3 with drawbars mapped to the Mod Wheel - crank up the overdrive for more of the "rock organ" sounds, use the "stop" mode on the Leslie to get the Deep Purple "Lazy" sound. The Rhodes/DX7 was put together when a sample for the DX7 was needed, however the sample is still provides a nice accent to the DX7 now available in the piano section. nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/stage-2-for-those-new-to-programming-t16863.html - Good luck
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby uro-frank » 19 May 2019, 10:50

Thank you for this good ideas... I test especially the "utility program" and the "hammond" program. If I understand it right, in the other programs you did use a DX7 Rhodes, so a "Synthi"-Rhodes.

I would like to get some good sounding e-piano-section-programs, so with the build in e-pinaos EP1-8 and Wurlitzer and Clavinets. With your EQ-ing and effects. How do you program these pianos to get a nearly original sound of the e-pianos. I know, this depends a lot on the used speakers/PA, but nevertheless it would be interesting for me to see, what you are doing with EQ, chorus and so on...
uro-frank

Postby WannitBBBad » 22 May 2019, 05:06

The Piano Library at the Nord website (https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... no-library) is a good starting point for information on the pianos available. For a Rhodes, I use EP1 the most, followed by EP7 and EP5. EP1-EP8 are all Rhodes pianos and very authentic, each with their own tonal characteristics based on vintage, amplification (or not), and "voicing" of the tines. On a Rhodes, the tine for each key can be adjusted in relationship to its pickup to get the tone desired. Regarding effects, it depends on what you're going after: the phase shifter was popular in the early-to-mid 70s and the chorus took off quickly after it was introduced in the mid 70s. The Flanger was popular with the Clavinet. The tremolo effect was popular with the Wurlitzer, and some artists tried the Rhodes and Wurlitzers through the Leslie. The best thing you can do for sound is play your Nord through a good full-range PA speaker. I play my Stage 3 through a QSC K10 that need little in terms of EQ, but for the Rhodes I'll sometimes add the Twin amp simulator with EQ. I hope this helps, take care.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby uro-frank » 22 May 2019, 15:37

Dear WannitBBBad... thanks for your infos... I use two RCF Ecox 8 as PA and for home-training or monitoring dbTechnologies Flexsys FM 12. The Nordstage grandpianos sound fantastic with it, but I have problems to get a origin good sound with the e-pianos with my own equipment...
I know this nordkeyboards-soundlib-site. There the example-recordings really sound absolute great. But I never get it like this in true. Thats the reason for searching for sound-program-settings on the Nordstage itself, using the EQ- and effect-section, to get a mostly original Rhodes, Wurlitzer an Clavinet sound out of my PA. Perhaps I also have to change settings on the mixer also (Allen&Heath QU 16). But it ist difficult to change mixers EQ, beacause the keyboard-stereo-channel of the mixer includes the whole Nordstage, so organ, e-pianos, grandpianos an synthies. Changing the mixer EQ for e-pianos can sound good, but is not good for synthie or organ or grandpiano for example. So I would like to do as little as possible changes on the mixer EQ. Or should I seperate pianos and organ/synth to different channels? The same problem exists with the B3 sounds, to get it as close as much to a origin Hammond B3. The typical Jimmy Smith 8-8-8-0-0-0-0-0-0 sounds so flat for me, that I don't know how to get more brilliant, like the real B3.

So I am open up for setting-ideas concerning EQ, compressor, dynamics, drive, amp-simulation an effects with nordstage-on-board-possibilities for the Rhodes, Wurlitzer and Clavinets... That means complete programs or complete written parameters of this features...
uro-frank

Return to Nord Stage 2 Programs (*.ns2p files)