Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Dirty bass A1 patch?

Postby djnafai » 14 May 2019, 19:45

Anyone have any newb tips for programming a dirty bass patch for the A1? Mine always end up sounding a little thin.
djnafai

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Dirty bass A1 patch?

Sponsor

Re: Dirty bass A1 patch?

Postby alcools » 14 May 2019, 23:05

Try a square wave mixed with a sine sub, and the ladder filter with middle resonance and low cut off (75 to 120 Hz). Maybee some drice on the filter. And a very fast LFO on the mix of the 2 OSC (or on the filter freq).
Actual synth: Nord Modular G2 engine - Nord Stage 3 compact
Before: Nord Lead 3 & 4R, Stage 1&2, Wave, Virus C, DSI Tetra, P6 & P12, Virus Ti2 and few others...
http://exgovernor.fr

The author alcools was thanked by:
Marlowes
alcools

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby AdamStage2 » 15 May 2019, 06:53

djnafai wrote:Anyone have any newb tips for programming a dirty bass patch for the A1? Mine always end up sounding a little thin.

Don't forget you have 4 slots,so doubling up sounds can phatten things if they sound a little thin,normally good for bass is to copy the same patch to two slots and lower one slot an octave to give the same sound more low end and give them slightly different filter cutoff settings.

for me its perfectly possible to create some really speaker rattling Bass sounds inside the A1,I've made some very similar sounds to that of my Moog Voyager if you copy the oscillator structure of say the Minimoog,which uses up to 3 oscillators,its possible to use 3 slots to mimic that architecture and even more so with the Moog Ladder filter emulation inside the A1.

:keyboard2:
Nord Lead A1
Nord Lead 3
Nord Lead 4
Nord Stage 2 88
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Wave

The author AdamStage2 was thanked by:
Marlowes
AdamStage2

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby djnafai » 16 May 2019, 02:29

Perfect, thanks for those tips!
djnafai

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby skipgilles » 16 May 2019, 15:18

There is an interesting trick I recently learned and which works well on my Prophet rev2, would be curious how this works for A1 (I am not at it now to test it):
In one of the slots, take a sawtooth and use the hi-pass filter with no or slight (experiment with that) key-tracking, cut-off freq all the way to the left and turn up resonance. This resonance will now boost the lower edge of the frequency range.
skipgilles
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum