Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: The 1GB memory issue

Postby Siriosys » 04 May 2019, 11:05

[/quote]
I owned a Kawai VP1 and must say that it had a nice action. I can't wait for Nord Grand to come out. Best of both worlds: Nord piano library and stellar keybed![/quote]

You've hit the nail on the head - That Library is slowly becoming extensive in terms of Instruments, and that action certainly looks like a significant upgrade over their other offerings - for me, it'll be a huge upgrade going from the NS2. As shallow as it may sound, the look of the Grand is something to behold too.

Although it may mean very little to most players, the angled facia makes for much improved visibility of the control panel - something that those of us with visual acuity problems will appreciate. So for me there's 4 compelling reasons to consider it my next purchase:

keyed / action
expanded memory
angled facia
still looks!
Siriosys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Sponsor

Postby baekgaard » 04 May 2019, 18:50

lawman wrote:
cphollis wrote: Leave room for the full-size EP samples, they are quite tasty given recent upgrades.

cphollis,
You piqued my curiosity last week with this suggestion. What size or sizes are you recommending as "full-size"? Thanks.

I'm sure @cphollis can respond to this also, but the full size EP's can only be a reference to the largest ones that Nord have released. So for the EP1 to EP4 it would be the L version (there are no XL versions for these), and for the EP5 to EP8 it would be XL.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby cphollis » 05 May 2019, 03:26

Thanks for that, @baekgaard. That's exactly what I meant.
I think I have gear issues ....

The author cphollis was thanked by:
baekgaard
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby lawman » 06 May 2019, 01:58

Thanks, guys. Yes, I was mostly interested in the EPs with XL available, as I was wondering if people thought they were worth the extra memory usage. Guess I should have been clearer.
lawman

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum