Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Factory Reset stuck in progress for Nord Piano 2

Postby sahrens98 » 05 May 2019, 12:43

Hi all,
after I connected my Nord Piano 2 to Nord Sound Manager (for Windows 10) I wanted to do factory reset using the instructions given by Nord (https://www.nordkeyboards.com/nord-fact ... structions). I downloaded the restore file (Nord Piano 2 Factory Restore v1.1 revA.np2b) and selected Restore in the Sound Manager application. The process started with Synchronizing, but it seems stuck now. There is no error message, but the I can't access anything in the application nor the keyboard. I know that download and restore operation may take a long time, but this is now going on for about 45 minutes - and I wonder if the process is simply stuck. I am hesitant to simply disconnect my Nord keyboard from the computer or close the application.

Does anybody know how long a factory reset should normally last? In case, it's really hung up, what would be the best thing to do? Should I simply close the application?

Best regards - and thanks in advance for your advise.

Stefan

P.S. I've searched the FAQ and various other topics, but haven't found an answer. If it's already posted there, please refer me to the correct post.
sahrens98

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Factory Reset stuck in progress for Nord Piano 2

Sponsor

Re: Factory Reset stuck in progress for Nord Piano 2

Postby cphollis » 05 May 2019, 15:01

Your problem seems consistent with a flaky connection between PC and keyboard. Might be the USB cable, might be the USB port, etc. It might be that, it might be something else. Start by using a different USB cable and a different USB port.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum