General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Electronic problem :'(

Postby Swingslain » 05 Aug 2016, 12:48

Hi pterm ! Thanks a lot, since I already tried to reconnect the cables inside, I'll just let the NS sleeps in his case.
Thanks to everyone, I'll keep you updated when I have news about this issue !
Swingslain

Sponsor

Postby maurice555 » 05 May 2019, 07:00

Hi,

I am replying to this post because I have some similar problems with my NS2. First, I was wondering how it ended up for you Swingslain ?
In my case, symptoms are not that bad for the moment but, unfortunately, it seems that they are becoming bigger day after day... For the moment, problems are located in left and central parts of the keyboard : Organ, Piano Program section. Some LEDs are flickering as if abnormal currents are circulating in electronic parts of the motherboard.
I am quite worried because an expert in electronics (and in keyboard repairing) told me a few days ago that these symptoms often mean that motherboard is starting to die, which is frequent after 5 years for this kind electronic device !! Second, I am living in New Caledonia which is a bit far away from everything. So, for the moment, sending my keyboard by plane to Nord is the last thing I am to do. It might come back with more problems because of transport. And it would be very very expensive of course...
So, I am also looking for some advice in order to try to fix the problem myself.
Finally, I searched on the internet for a service manual (like the on you can find for Nord Electro 2) in order to find the diagnostic mode but could not find anything. Does anyone know if it is possible to find a service manual for NS2 ??

Thank you for your help.

P.S. : I already contacted Nord support. The only thing they replied was : "send the keyboard".... I also tried the factory reset (in fact you just erase the memory but you do not come back to factory version of the software). And I also unmounted everything but could not see any evident problem in electronic parts...
maurice555

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum