Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord Electro 5hp noisey Fatar keybed

Postby maxpiano » 13 Apr 2019, 08:27

Anyone else? It is an old story for the HP keybeds, due to its structure it mY require some "regreasing/reseating" from time to time; read here for example, nord-electro-forum-f9/3hp-keybed-noise-t5060.html
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby WesBrook77 » 16 Apr 2019, 16:30

I've had this issue, yes. First time, I returned the board under warranty and it came back (after several weeks I might add) with the problem fixed. However, the noise has developed again, so I'm just resigned to it being this way. Does not really affect the playability and it's not noticeable in a live environment, but when I play at home in relative quiet, the noise is there. Keys just don't feel as solid as they should. In the interests of fairness to Nord though, I have also been through 2 Korg SV1 key-beds (which are also Fatar if I recall correctly), and 1 RD700GX key-bed, so the issue is probably me being a heavy handed muppet.
WesBrook77

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby maxpiano » 16 Apr 2019, 18:35

WesBrook77 wrote:I've had this issue, yes. First time, I returned the board under warranty and it came back (after several weeks I might add) with the problem fixed. However, the noise has developed again, so I'm just resigned to it being this way. Does not really affect the playability and it's not noticeable in a live environment, but when I play at home in relative quiet, the noise is there. Keys just don't feel as solid as they should. In the interests of fairness to Nord though, I have also been through 2 Korg SV1 key-beds (which are also Fatar if I recall correctly), and 1 RD700GX key-bed, so the issue is probably me being a heavy handed muppet.

Korg SV1 uses a Korg RH3 graded-action keybed (Korg own design and production), no Fatar. That keybed is another one know for having had issues (on SV1 and also first editions of Kronos 73/88) but different, not related to noise but to notes retriggering/repetitions (if I remember well).
Last edited by maxpiano on 16 Apr 2019, 18:39, edited 4 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Rusty Mike » 16 Apr 2019, 23:59

This topic has been discussed many times over the past few years.

I vote for a sticky!
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Electro Forum