Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Nord Drum 2 and Cubase

Postby microgroove » 13 Apr 2019, 03:56

Ok I am going f**** crazy with this. I am trying to get Cubase to talk to my ND2. I am not a newbie on this stuff but I am flummoxed. I haven't used my ND2 for a few years. I had it all set before but I must be doing something wrong. Firstly I installed the latest OS on the ND2. Midi cables in and out are correct. In Cubase I have set the midi channel to 10 and I can hear the ND2. On the ND2 I have set local control to off,global channel to 10, CH to off. But what I hear is a bass drum with pitches up and down the keyboard, no drum kit. I have changed the octave settings on the keyboard up and down to reflect the 60 note keyboard to no avail. I have done this a hundred times with other keyboards and synths, but I must admit I can not figure out WTF I am doing wrong. I had it working perfectly a few years ago, but I do remember that there was a weird trick around it, but some brain cells must have been lost because I can not figure this out. Can anyone help me with this?
microgroove

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Nord Drum 2 and Cubase

Sponsor

Re: Nord Drum 2 and Cubase

Postby wartaler » 13 Apr 2019, 11:29

Hi microgroove,

The fact that you are hearing a drum sound which pitch depends on the MIDI note played tells me that at least one of the 6 drum channels has it's Individual MIDI channel on. So check the Individual MIDI channel for each drum channel, and select [Ch.OF].

Make sure that each drum channel has a unique MIDI note in the MIDI settings, eg [n.60] for channel 1, [n.62] for channel 2, etc. The default order is: 60,62,64,65,67,69, that's the white keys on a piano, starting with C3 or C4 depending on which standard is used (Yamaha or Roland). Play/Program/record a drum pattern with these notes.

Hope this helps
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 15 Apr 2019, 08:38, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Re: Nord Drum 2 and Cubase

Postby microgroove » 14 Apr 2019, 01:17

Thanks Albert I'll check that.
microgroove

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum