Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 5D vs Electro 6D - working with Samples...

Postby iluvchiclets » 13 Apr 2019, 02:36

Hi everyone,

Well, I just had a ton of fun at my local music store trying out the E6D and playing only with the factory samples (mellotron, strings, synths sounds, flutes, etc...)

It was pretty cool - having the filter controlled by velocity, as well as the "vibe" effect as a sort of poor-man's LFO, I really was having some synthy fun and wrangling those sounds!

My question is:
I understand that the E6 has double the memory for samples but, in terms of being able to manipulate (or what you can do with the samples) does the E5 have the same features as the E6?

Thanks in advance...these samples are really making me consider the Electro :)
iluvchiclets

Electro 5D vs Electro 6D - working with Samples...

Sponsor

Re: Electro 5D vs Electro 6D - working with Samples...

Postby maxpiano » 13 Apr 2019, 15:40

iluvchiclets wrote:My question is:
in terms of being able to manipulate (or what you can do with the samples) does the E5 have the same features as the E6?

Yes, in that term it is the same (and a quick read of both NE5 and NE6 manuals can help you be 100% sure).

Of course the other main difference is that in NE6 you have 3 fully independent engines, while in NE5 you can only use 2 at a time so you can split layer only Organ+Piano, Organ+Synth or Synth+Piano; also the Split Crossfade is a new feature in NE6 only, see https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/ ... ison-chart for more differences (e.g. that the NE6 has 30 voices for Sample Synth, 2 times the 15 of the NE5)
Last edited by maxpiano on 13 Apr 2019, 15:45, edited 5 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby iluvchiclets » 13 Apr 2019, 20:54

Nice - thank you for the reply.

I was enjoying that section of the E6 so much, the Chamberlain samples sounded so amazing. That being said, I went by there again after work today and spent a lot of time with the Stage 3 Compact as well. I might just have to set my sights on that one. It's got it all, I love having a filter to open and close on anything :)
iluvchiclets

Postby iluvchiclets » 11 Dec 2019, 16:15

(The other thing I learned is, the Electro 6 allows you to load the version 3.0 samples. These 3.0 samples have "attack/decay/filter/amplitude" setting built-into them when you load them, so there is less tweaking from the start and they sound potentially more-usable upon loading. The 2.0 samples when loaded into the Electro 5 can sound off (or raw) until the user manipulates them into a usable sound)
iluvchiclets

Return to Nord Electro Forum