This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

rhodes "attack" sample

Postby afroskully » 02 Apr 2019, 15:51

Hey all. once upon a time someone recommended layering the "ep1 bell" sample over the nefertiti or any other rhodes sample for some added key strike sound. (I found that sample somewhere on this forum but can't seem to find it again). I fiddled with it a bit, but never really used it. Recently I experimented to try to get a more dyno rhodes sound (since my NE5 can't do the extra filters) and layered that EP1 Bell sample over the enhanced Bright Tines sample. It honestly sounds pretty great, but the lower register of the ep1 bell sample has a distinct annoying digi noise buzz going on.

Does anyone have any other samples like that one, or know where I could find a similar one without that lower buzz?

Thanks!!
afroskully

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

rhodes "attack" sample

Sponsor

Re: rhodes "attack" sample

Postby spookyman » 02 Apr 2019, 16:34

I also did some experiments with layering the nefertiti with an other sample. In the Nord Sample Library Archive (https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libraries/nord-sample-library-archive/acousticelectric-keyboards) you will find various samples (Epiano 1 to Epiano 4) to extend your fiddling...I also tryed with Fender Bass samples as attack sounds.
spookyman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to General Nord Forum