The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: Nord C2D with a DAW...Questions! Please help!!

Postby fieldflower » 01 Apr 2019, 22:21

As catosim says You can record both at the same time, but they will be separate recordings that will not affect each other.
So if You'd record both sound and MIDI You'd have:

1. A stereo sound track.
You can do all the SOUND editing You want to this track. Cut, copy, duplicate, effects like EQ, reverb, etc. Sound stuff...

2. A MIDI track.
Here You can move the key registrations for each individual key press, or change key acceleration.
Or You can put in key presses completely from clicking around with the mouse of the computer.
And anything in between.

BUT... The changes You make on the MIDI track 2) will not affect the recording on the sound tracks 1).
And vice versa - if You cut up the sound track into something different this will not affect the MIDI track (unless You make the changes to both in unison).

So if You'd record "live" and want to use the (edited) MIDI track to re-record You'd actually record the sound from scratch again.
You could record it into the same track that You edited so that You get the same effects and settings that You tweaked out, but the new recording would replace the original recording.
It's just that it would be the MIDI track playing "ghost" into the C2D, which turns into sound inside the C2D, which is recorded back into the DAW again. Kind of a loop.

But start with just getting sound recording working.
MIDI tweaking is probably level 2, and You can get into it by adding 1 or 2 MIDI cables between the sound interface and C2D at any time (assuming You go for a sound interface that has MIDI in/out).

The author fieldflower was thanked by:
coolbreeze
fieldflower
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sponsor

Postby coolbreeze » 02 Apr 2019, 06:34

Ok gotcha!! Thanks for your detailed explanation!! With your help I just completed my first recording!!! I then played it back via bluetooth to a powerful monitor. It sounds greasy baby!!!! My brother who is a bass player and a drummer is here and can't believe how great it sounds.

So I took your advice and just focused on getting the sound from the Nord to the computer via the interface. Now I am studying your last post and trying to figure the MIDI stuff out. I might have more questions later.
Last edited by coolbreeze on 02 Apr 2019, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
coolbreeze

Postby fieldflower » 02 Apr 2019, 07:42

Great to hear that it's working! :thumbup:

The author fieldflower was thanked by:
coolbreeze
fieldflower
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum