All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Re: Audio In Connections to Stage 2

Postby pablomastodon » 09 Mar 2015, 17:34

spradders wrote:Is there any way to set the headphones output level (other than via the master volume)? If not, can you get a little in-line device that would allow control of the headphone level?

I would like to ditch my in-ear monitor mixer, and instead take a feed from the desk into the monitor input, and use the headphones socket for on-stage monitoring. Headphones mixer adds another box, mains lead, xlr lead etc to my set-up.

Thanks, Mike.

You could actually go one step further and add a mixing desk to your rig, mix the entire band yourself (that guitar player too loud -- turn him down!) and then send a single feed to FOH from your Nord's headphone output. Total control. That would leave the keyboard's main outputs free for feeding your IEM. :roll:
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Sponsor

Postby Valpurgis » 19 Mar 2019, 00:41

pablomastodon wrote:
Nord is not in the business of making keyboard mixers. The Monitor In function is intended to provide a simple means of being able to rehearse along with an mp3 player or similar while wearing headphones. Only. It is not intended to serve as a summing mixer.

Well Nord entered the keyboard mixers business with the Nord Stage 3. Now the audio input also will be routed to outputs 1-2.
Valpurgis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby DJKeys » 19 Mar 2019, 01:42

Beg to disagree here.

One 1/8" Stereo input jack routed to 2 selected outputs with no controls does not a keyboard mixer make.

Nord just listened to their customers and made a convenience a little more convenient as they usually do.

-dj
Last edited by DJKeys on 19 Mar 2019, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby CountFosco » 19 Mar 2019, 10:04

For recording, I sometimes make use of the fact that on the E5, the audio in is routed to headphone out only, not to main outs. That's quite convenient.
As I've read, for the E6 the routing of audio in is now fixed to the main outs. For live, I like this, as it could eliminate a mixer for two keyboards.
I think the idea of using 1/8" audio in is because the intention is to use audio from portable devices or computers to play along to.

My idea of ideal would be a 1/4" stereo audio in, which could be routed flexibly: either to or not-to main outs. I don't think full mixer functions like level and EQ control are realistic, but routing flexibility seem doable.
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Previous

Return to Accessories and Amplification