General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Local off makes impossible to edit parameters

Postby giomusic » 12 Mar 2019, 20:11

maxpiano wrote:
Have you checked in

If NS3 is configured as Master in iMPB and it is in Local Off then you need to turn ON the switch of "Zones of Master 1" section for it to "play itself" and you also need to enable the "Forward Control Changes from Master" in the MIDI settings of the "Zones of Master 1".

Have you already tried that?

Hi maxpiano,
thanks for reply.
I enabled the "Forward Control Changes from Master" but I didn't turn ON the Zone switches....because I didn't need to turn them ON with the other keyboard !!! (I used them ONLY to split their keyboard)
There are 2 switches to split in 3 parts the keyboard..... I don't understand why I should turn ON those switches !!!
But I will try....
Thanks.

Gio
giomusic

Sponsor

Postby maxpiano » 12 Mar 2019, 20:21

giomusic wrote:Hi maxpiano,
thanks for reply.
I enabled the "Forward Control Changes from Master" but I didn't turn ON the Zone switches....because I didn't need to turn them ON with the other keyboard !!! (I used them ONLY to split their keyboard)
There are 2 switches to split in 3 parts the keyboard..... I don't understand why I should turn ON those switches !!!
But I will try....
Thanks.

Gio

Not the Zone switches, I am talking about the ON switch at the bottom of the "Zones of Master 1", which is the "Extern" pointing to the master itself.
Last edited by maxpiano on 12 Mar 2019, 20:21, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby giomusic » 12 Mar 2019, 20:52

maxpiano wrote:
Not the Zone switches, I am talking about the ON switch at the bottom of the "Zones of Master 1", which is the "Extern" pointing to the master itself.

Oohhhh YES !!!

Obviuosly it was turned ON in all my tests...

I know that switch must be in ON mode to route the MIDI signal to the Nord itself.... BUT as I said... no sound using that section (Master). I noted a difference between the NORD listed in the Master and in the External. In the Master the NORD is listed as "NORD STAGE 3 OUTPUT" while in the External is listed as "NORD STAGE 3 INPUT". Other keyboards use the same name listed in both sections..... (?????)

Gio
giomusic

Postby maxpiano » 12 Mar 2019, 21:47

That depends on the USB MIDI implementation of the NS, nothing really strange
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum