All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Re: Clicks and pops with Echo Audiofire

Postby 23skidoo » 11 Mar 2019, 17:52

You're most welcome. :) Firewire was very future-forward when it debuted - it forced USB to reconsider many things and probably lead to the DMA-style USB controllers which ended up killing it. However, it was still a bolt-on protocol and thus susceptible to the usual vagaries. Since Thunderbolt is a rather minimal protocol established on top of the main x86 architecture core peripheral interconnect bus, I foresee a longer life for it. Yet, time will tell...
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Sponsor

Postby DJKeys » 11 Mar 2019, 18:09

catosim wrote:
DJKeys wrote:That sounds like it could be a clocking issue. Do you have the clocks (master/slave/bitrate, etc) synchronized between the audio interface and the DAW?

-dj

The clock is set to internal on the interface, no other equipment connected (The Nord is connected vis USB to the Macbook).
Tried to change the sample rate to 48K, wich resulted in a bit less pops - but didn´t solve the problem.
Even when i turn buffersize to 512 it pops.
No problems with the other interface even with buffersize down to 32.

I suspect that it may be a software incompatibility issue.
I´m running on MacOS 10.14.3, and the software for the interface is written for OS 10.11.
The download page claims: OUR PRO AUDIO PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED; MORE RECENT VERSIONS OF MACOS MAY NOT WORK CORRECTLY.

Well, that makes sense now for sure-

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys