This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Nord Sample Editor HELP!

Postby hernjov1 » 06 Mar 2019, 15:21

I'm having the same issue with my NS3C... I have the USB cable that came with my Nord that works fine on the Sound Manager, but when connected from my Nord to computer with Sound Editor engaged nothing happens... Isn't the editor connected to the keyboard suppose to recognize each other, and synchronize my Nord keyboard like The Sound Manager does? Any help is greatly appreciated....
Nord Stage 3 Compact, Roland AX-7 keyboard guitar. Past keyboards and modules. Roland A-70 Controller, Kurzweil K25OORS Sampler, Roland D-50, Korg NSR5 module, Juno 60, Roland 106, Korg Poly 6, Yamaha DX-7, Hammond B-3 with 122 Leslie...
hernjov1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby kbmatson » 06 Mar 2019, 15:42

I'm not sure what the full intention or possibility is, but I can tell you how I use it. I use Sample Editor to create my samples, and then open up Sound Manager to transfer them to the Nord.
kbmatson

Postby taxman » 07 Mar 2019, 21:31

The sample editor isn´t supported by the newest boards (electro 6 and stage3). First clavia offers the sample converter to convert samples from nsmp to the needed nsmp3 format. Later they build this function into the soundmanager.
I had the same problem like you. If you try to load the nsmp into the soundmanager, there into the sample lib, you get the message that the format is wrong. This happens only if you try to download th file into a empty Slot after select organize. If you substitue a unused sample, it works. If you sustitute, there is an oin the message if you want convert the sample.
Hope it helps, and sorry for my bad writing, it´s not my native language :)
Last edited by taxman on 07 Mar 2019, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
taxman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Bachman » 28 Mar 2019, 20:26

O.K decided I would try making and loading a sample again.
1. I make a recording and save this as a 16 bit 44100hz WAV file using Audacity.
2. I load this into Sample Editor, assign, and Save. There are two options under the File tab, "Save" and "Save As" both of which will only allow me to save the sample as a "NWIPROJ" ?
3. I open Sound Manager to import or "Sound Down" the sample and Sound Manager tells me it cannot open a "nwiproj" file ??

Question: How is one supposed to save a project in Sample Editor so that it can be imported into Sound Manager, i.e save as an nsmp file ?????
Bachman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby arossco » 22 May 2019, 16:37

I have an Electro6, and understand that I can't currently connect with the Sample Editor.

I thought that I would try to edit an existing .nsmp file, so I downloaded '16 Violin Stereo_Mellotron_M400 stereo 2.0.nsmp' and saved it to my hard disk.
However I can't find a way to load this into the Sample Editor.

Can anybody help ?

Thanks
arossco

Postby ChiefDanG » 22 May 2019, 22:34

As I understand it, you can only put .wav files into the editor. From there, you do your own editing - key range/loop points/ volume/amp envelopes......
So, no you can't load in a .nsmp file into the editor.

Of course you might be able to get a hold of someone's (certainly not Clavia's) .wav's, or their project folder. Or sample it yourself.
ChiefDanG

Postby pablomastodon » 24 May 2019, 17:37

that is correct, only .wav files into NSE. Nord chooses to not make it possible to access the source audio files used in their factory .nsmp and .nsmp3 files. Providing access to these would effectively be opening the gates to the entire content of their FREE online libraries to anyone, regardless of whether that person actually owned a Nord. Understandably, Nord is not particularly interested in donating the contents of their libraries to the non-Nord-owning public.

bless, pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby ErictheViking » 25 May 2019, 14:18

Bachman wrote:O.K decided I would try making and loading a sample again.
1. I make a recording and save this as a 16 bit 44100hz WAV file using Audacity.
2. I load this into Sample Editor, assign, and Save. There are two options under the File tab, "Save" and "Save As" both of which will only allow me to save the sample as a "NWIPROJ" ?
3. I open Sound Manager to import or "Sound Down" the sample and Sound Manager tells me it cannot open a "nwiproj" file ??

Question: How is one supposed to save a project in Sample Editor so that it can be imported into Sound Manager, i.e save as an nsmp file ?????

Hi Bachman

From what I have learnt so far about the sample editor the "nwiproj" file is a project file that is generated whenever you load a new WAV file into the Editor. When you work on a sample it is a good idea to name your project before you start editing. Go to File, save as and then give your file a name. Hint - make a note of where the file is saved. Once you have done this do all the editing you need to and when you are ready to generate the sample make sure you save this as a project first then click the generate button. Once the editor has done it's thing open the folder where the "nwiproj" lives and there you will also find the finished .nsmp sample bearing the name of the project. You can then upload this to your Nord. If at anytime you want to 'tweak' the sample just head to File, Open project, and then select the one you want to work on. Once you get used to this way of working, editing and tweaking your sounds will be more streamlined.

Hope this helps?

P.S. If what I have written contains errors please can you let me know - it will reinforce my knowledge.

Happy sampling! :keyboard2:
Last edited by ErictheViking on 25 May 2019, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
ErictheViking

Postby themixtape » 01 Jun 2019, 20:18

I created a sample in the sound manager (vintage drum kit-- kick, snare, and closed hat, mapped to just one key each)... when downloading, it asks me to convert, but it freezes upon conversion. I have to close the Sample Manager every time. I have no idea why this is?
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.chriscaulder.net
http://patreon.com/chriscaulder
-------------------------------------------------------
themixtape

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum