Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Toto - Africa for NE3

Postby danedashoh » 23 Feb 2019, 23:38

Hey all, long time lurker here. I've been grateful for everyone's help and knowledge. I've just recently joined a band and so far, I've found everything I've needed!

However, I've finally hit a snag. I can't find any programs for Toto's "Africa" for the NE3. I've seen many posts about this particular song but the programs are for Stage 2 or 3. I've found most of the sounds I need individually (synth, flute, kalimba) Since the NE3 can't split by design,I'm really hoping to find a program that will allow the brassy synth on the left and the higher pitch sound on the right, what I assume is the toy piano people have mentioned in posts (heard alongside the brass synth chords at the very beginning of the song) (Update - I found this split!). Additionally for the solo, I'm hoping to find a split with the brass synth at the bottom with flute octaves/kalimba on top. We're not overly worried about being 100% accurate, though we try.

I do have the sound editor program, but my experience with it is very minimal and I'm in a bit of a time crunch. Before I tell the guys I just can't do it, I'd really like to take a crack at it.

If anyone has wav files for the editor, knows some kind of wizardry to convert Stage programs to the Electro, or has any kind of helpful files laying around it would be greatly appreciated! I don't feel right asking someone to make a program from scratch because I don't really know how much work it is. Still very much learning the ropes and finding the limitations of the E3. I love the thing, but man... I wish I could have sprung for the Stage.

Thanks again,
Dane
Last edited by danedashoh on 24 Feb 2019, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
danedashoh

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Toto - Africa for NE3

Sponsor

Re: Toto - Africa for NE3

Postby alexmarinojR » 26 Feb 2019, 03:30

Just play the solo on itself with a guitar backing you up. It's not a big deal. The solo is good enough to hold on its own even with just a bass to comp. Other way is why not comp with the same sound with the left hand and play the solo with the right, just put more velocity to get a better dynamic difference between the hands.
alexmarinojR

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Linkan » 04 Mar 2019, 15:02

Hi, I have nord lead, Electro 3 and Stage 2...But I have NOT the solo sound to Africa...If someone had any ideas to get that im GREATFUL!!!

Tight Lines
Linkan
Linkan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby Frantz » 04 Mar 2019, 22:55

Here is an explanation from Greg Philiganes : https://youtu.be/nRGBAqZMWxU?t=252
(at 4:10 )
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
Frantz
Patch Creator

Postby Ezio Mirrione » 27 May 2019, 14:49

Hi everyone, I have a NE5. I would like the brass of Africa, but nobody satisfies me. Can you help me? Thank you
Ezio Mirrione

Postby alexmarinojR » 17 Jun 2019, 09:55

Ezio Mirrione wrote:Hi everyone, I have a NE5. I would like the brass of Africa, but nobody satisfies me. Can you help me? Thank you

If you search Toto in the sample collection it's close to the original as you can get.
alexmarinojR

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby chorleiter1 » 23 Jun 2019, 10:22

Hello, with my NE6HP I took the factory sample "A1 The Prophet" with Dynamics 2, Attack and Decay/Release in your own taste, Equalizer with Bass +11, Middle Freq 450 Gain +5, Treble -10, no Chorus etc, Hall 4,0.

Don´t forget to play the brass chord changes a little bit like staccato and not too fat with attack, hear often to David Paich or Steve Porcaro on TOTO IV, one of my favourite Rockworks of all times.

Best regards from good old Germany.

Eberhard
chorleiter1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Postby ttango » 02 May 2020, 18:16

I have provided the opening sequence wav file that you can snip to fit. this is the xylophone part. its in F#4 at 92bpm.
Attachments
africa sequence.mp3
mp3
(165.19 KiB) Downloaded 875 times
africa sequence.wav
xylophone sequence
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 186 times
Last edited by ttango on 03 May 2020, 18:50, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Electro 5d 73. Mainstage 3. Logic Pro X. Arturia V collection. 2017 epiphone les Paul. Fender Hotrod Deluxe II. Behringer DeepMind 6. Behringer D 50 synth, Korg Minilogue
ttango

Postby ttango » 05 May 2020, 18:30

Let me know if this works and I will build you a sequence of notes for the sample editor

P.S. there is a long silence at the beginning. I forget to trim it
Attachments
Toto Afrika Brass.mp3
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 956 times
Last edited by ttango on 05 May 2020, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Electro 5d 73. Mainstage 3. Logic Pro X. Arturia V collection. 2017 epiphone les Paul. Fender Hotrod Deluxe II. Behringer DeepMind 6. Behringer D 50 synth, Korg Minilogue
ttango

Postby manuz » 06 May 2020, 10:14

ttango wrote:Let me know if this works and I will build you a sequence of notes for the sample editor

P.S. there is a long silence at the beginning. I forget to trim it

IMHO, I think the synthbrass attack should be shorter... seems a bit long to me?

The author manuz was thanked by:
ttango
manuz

Next

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)