Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.

Introducing myself

Postby jrcornelisse » 25 Feb 2019, 15:16

Hi all,

After some time of looking around here, time to introduce myself as I will be digging in some topic a bit deeper..

My name is Roel, I have been playing keyboard and drums for a long time, and doing several live cover bands at the moment. I have been using Yamaha's all my live, from the early PSR, a 9000 pro, several clavinova's and stage piano's, until now only having my good old Yamaha Dx7s left.

A couple of years ago I decided to switch to a Nord Stage 2ex, and never, ever regretted it. Although the deep menu's of the Yamaha will get familiar after using it for hours, the simple setup and user interface of the Nord is incredible. I loved the organ and piano sounds as well right away.

After having troubles with the keys making noise on the 2EX 76, I swapped it for a stage 3 76 - unfortunately I was not told I could not transfer any of my programs. Took me a couple of weeks to redo everything, but I am back again. After the latest OS updates, finally having the right list view, dual keyboard options for complete panel B back, I am completely happy.

Live, I use the Yamaha dx7 and Nord, connected via midi, and an iPad with ForScore and 1Chart. Besides, I use an Alesis Vortex keytar to play the Nord while walking the stage. In the near future, I am looking for:
- some nice programs and patches for new covers we will play
- knowledge how to completely setup the dx7 using the external Midi section of the Nord
- knowledge on how to use iPad software to organise sheet music and directly setup the two keyboards.

Please don't hesitate to contact if you see any need for it, and hope to get and find input for my questions!

The author jrcornelisse was thanked by:
Mr_-G-
jrcornelisse

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Introducing myself

Sponsor

Re: Introducing myself

Postby Mr_-G- » 25 Feb 2019, 20:33

:welcome:
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Eumel » 25 Feb 2019, 20:35

Hi Roel,

Welcome to the forum. One question: Are you happy with 1chart?

Greets,

Eumel
Nord Stage 4 88
Nord Electro 6 compact
Eumel
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby jrcornelisse » 25 Feb 2019, 21:54

Hi Eumel,

Yes, that works great. Best thing for our band is easy to share the native file with the guitar player, add my own notes to it and- be able to transpose the whole shabeng to another key- wich results in a perfect score just in another tonal key.

What I do to prepare for a rehearsal with new covers, is just sitting with the iPad and 1chart, listen and write the scheme and notes. Able to write down chords as well as sheet music in a chart.

Though, for a gig I export it to pdf s and use forScore. That give me better ability to sort, and (next thing I am sorting out...) to program the Nord and dx7 via midi.
Last edited by jrcornelisse on 25 Feb 2019, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
jrcornelisse

Postby MvanD » 26 Feb 2019, 00:33

Welcome! And so cool you still use a DX7!
MvanD
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby Berretje » 27 Feb 2019, 21:41

Hi!

Nice to have another more active member! I hope you find some useful stuff on the forum.

Gr Bart

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Your Music & Keyboard Rig