General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Stage 3 compact build quality issues

Postby hammonitup » 15 Mar 2018, 06:35

So i finally got my replacement NS3 after a 3 week turnaround time and just opened what certainly seems like a factory sealed box only to find that three lower black keys are scratched with a pretty deep slice that i can only guess happened somewhere at the factory. What is up when QC of a 3-grand instrument doesn't catch this stuff?

I really don't want to go through another exchange but i can't think what other options i have other than to keep it and maybe try some scratch remover on the keys which i'm afraid will only make them look or feel worse. Are there any other remedies?
hammonitup

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 2

Sponsor

Postby usrockband » 15 Mar 2018, 15:32

hammonitup wrote:So i finally got my replacement NS3 after a 3 week turnaround time and just opened what certainly seems like a factory sealed box only to find that three lower black keys are scratched with a pretty deep slice that i can only guess happened somewhere at the factory. What is up when QC of a 3-grand instrument doesn't catch this stuff?

I really don't want to go through another exchange but i can't think what other options i have other than to keep it and maybe try some scratch remover on the keys which i'm afraid will only make them look or feel worse. Are there any other remedies?

Very odd. I wouldn't try getting rid of the scratches. Plastic such as the type used on these keys is nearly impossible to polish. I've had 2 NS3 compacts and neither have had these kinds of issues.

I'd take it to the store you got it from and see what they say about it. Certainly a bummer for the amount of money it costs.
usrockband

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby hammonitup » 15 Mar 2018, 19:26

this is certainly the downside of mail order purchases vs local store. i would bring back to the local store in a heartbeat but another 3 weeks turnaround for a new one seems really unattractive at the moment.
hammonitup

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 2

Postby Quai34 » 16 Mar 2018, 10:27

hammonitup wrote:this is certainly the downside of mail order purchases vs local store. i would bring back to the local store in a heartbeat but another 3 weeks turnaround for a new one seems really unattractive at the moment.

+1, I never bought new stuff - well big stuff in fact, not accessories - online in order to be able to bring it back right away if there is any issue....And you could check it in the store, having it plugged, tried etc....So, really worth the little extra $ you usability pay....And if your store has a "Price matching policy", you are golden....They even have a US$ versus CAN$ matching software that calculate the exchange rate, the shipping and the custom fees....Most of the time the 20/30$ difference isn't worth the risk....
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby gordon » 11 Feb 2019, 22:29

Yes!!
2. Level knob of organ section is sunken on the top half below the surface of the metal top.
My new NS3 has this problem.
And now that I've actually started using it (took me several months to migrate all patches from my NS2 to NS3), I notice that this knob has intermittent operation problems. it glitches and moves randomly to another level during live performance.

I've also noticed intermittent Sustain Pedal issues that never ever occurred in NS1 or NS2, and I suspect the pedal jack socket.

What did Nord say about the bad organ level knob when you reported it? I need to figure out what my options are, it's 8 months since purchase although I've only had it in use for the last 2 weeks.
gordon - NS4 Compact << NS3 Compact << NS2 Compact << NS Compact - playing live every weekend with NS4, iPad, BandHelper, MidiFlow, X32 Core
gordon

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby neomad » 12 Feb 2019, 11:48

In some programs drawbars are not functioning in the full range: from 0 to 7, rather than 8. Furthermore, whenever you move the drawbards inmediately close to those that are in 8, this moves to 7 without even touching the drawbards...
Anyone noticed that?
Current Keyboard Rig: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha Montage 7wh, Yamaha YC61, Alesis Fusion 6HD. Yamaha babygrand Piano. Extra sounds Ipad with AUM and plenty of synth apps + onsong pro
neomad

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum