General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Nord Stage Compact 73

Postby Dave Wright » 11 Feb 2019, 14:28

Hi. I'm a new user, not very technically minded, but would appreciate and info.

I purchased a Stage Compact 73. Right price, never gigged and probably never played.
I know the stage keyboards have moved on a pace, but this board for me, does what l need
with organ / pianos. Great keyboard for jams and as a second keyboard for solo work.
I don't have the manual, but have tried tirelessly to edit into a decent brass and string sound.
The latter has come out as acceptable, but the brass is a total failure.
Three questions. 1 ) Can these sounds be obtained internally 2 ) Downloaded from Nord ( Obviously very limited capacity on the board )
3 ) Can the Nord be used in conjunction with and external computer.
Dave Wright

Nord Stage Compact 73

Sponsor

Re: Nord Stage Compact 73

Postby anotherscott » 11 Feb 2019, 14:47

You can download a manual from the Nord web site.

There are no samples used in the instrument except the ones in the piano section. That means there are no strings or brass samples, and no way to add them. (This was the biggest difference between the original Stage and the Stage 2.) The closest things it can do are synth versions of these sounds.

Yes, you can use the Nord with a computer. So you can play strings, brass, and whatever else from an attached laptop, or iphone, iPad, etc. That's what the EXT funcion is for.
anotherscott

Postby maxpiano » 11 Feb 2019, 15:22

anotherscott wrote:Yes, you can use the Nord with a computer. So you can play strings, brass, and whatever else from an attached laptop, or iphone, iPad, etc. That's what the EXT funcion is for.

I would just add that the connection to a computer/tablet requires a MIDI USB interface since the first Nord Stage series (Classic/EX) does not support MIDI over USB
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Dave Wright » 12 Feb 2019, 15:20

Thanks for your reply and useful information - Dave
Dave Wright

Return to Nord Stage Forum