Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Re: for worship musicians, anyone know how to duplicate

Postby Nadroj » 30 Jan 2019, 01:47

redisred wrote:Ah! Master Clock Keyboard sync, that's what I need! Grrrrr, dang you NS3 and your many appealing features that I can't afford.

But the Nord can receive a MIDI click, from say a drummer with a trigger, cant it?
Nadroj
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Sponsor

Postby Seaglass » 04 Feb 2019, 22:38

Yes it can receive Midi clock, but Midi clock doesn't contain any information about beats (like when they start or stop) - just the tempo. So it would still require you to hit the keys accurately on the downbeat. For that you need a protocol that layers on top of Midi - like Rewire.
Seaglass

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Bless_The_Nord » 30 May 2019, 00:30

redisred wrote:Ah! Master Clock Keyboard sync, that's what I need! Grrrrr, dang you NS3 and your many appealing features that I can't afford.

You can do all the master clock sync on the stage 2.
Bless_The_Nord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Postby Bless_The_Nord » 30 May 2019, 00:33

Seaglass wrote:Yes it can receive Midi clock, but Midi clock doesn't contain any information about beats (like when they start or stop) - just the tempo. So it would still require you to hit the keys accurately on the downbeat. For that you need a protocol that layers on top of Midi - like Rewire.

I use my midi clock to sync LFOs and Arps just fine. It contains all the information you described. Maybe not the downbeat but that isn't necessary. The stage 2 isn't perfect but all the Nords I've had so far locked perfectly into the Midi clock I've received from say Ableton or similar. No need to play in time anymore.

PM me if you need anything :)
Bless_The_Nord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Postby evandrolino » 10 Jun 2019, 21:53

Bless_The_Nord wrote:
Seaglass wrote:Yes it can receive Midi clock, but Midi clock doesn't contain any information about beats (like when they start or stop) - just the tempo. So it would still require you to hit the keys accurately on the downbeat. For that you need a protocol that layers on top of Midi - like Rewire.

I use my midi clock to sync LFOs and Arps just fine. It contains all the information you described. Maybe not the downbeat but that isn't necessary. The stage 2 isn't perfect but all the Nords I've had so far locked perfectly into the Midi clock I've received from say Ableton or similar. No need to play in time anymore.

PM me if you need anything :)

How do you do that at Ableton?
evandrolino
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Previous

Return to Nord Stage 2 Programs (*.ns2p files)