Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

MAC Book Pro Latency Problem

Postby Venatt » 30 Jan 2019, 06:24

I just bought a brand new Mac Book Pro, it's a 15" 2.2GHZ i7 6 core 16 GB MHz running Mojave 10.14.2 I already transferred the files from my previous 2007 MacBookPro using time machine.

I looks like it works great however I don't understand why is it that when watching a YouTube video the audio plays great but the video has a latency problem where it pauses like a second many times during the video, even though the audio is great. I would think it could be my internet however that doesn't happen on my other mac or on my 2011 PC, I just don't understand what the deal is ? Could it be defective or is it normal because of the retina display ? However I would expect a brand new Mac Book Pro which is supposed to be very fast and powerful not to have this type of issues.
Last edited by Venatt on 30 Jan 2019, 07:07, edited 5 times in total.
Venatt

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

MAC Book Pro Latency Problem

Sponsor

Re: MAC Book Pro Latency Problem

Postby DJKeys » 30 Jan 2019, 19:05

You would probably have better responses posting this in the Apple Forums:

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby analogika » 31 Jan 2019, 03:54

I’ve been seeing this as well lately (though I’m not on Mojave yet).

Issue with the latest Safari perhaps?
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Berretje » 31 Jan 2019, 16:41

DJKeys wrote:You would probably have better responses posting this in the Apple Forums:

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

-dj

+1
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Venatt » 03 Feb 2019, 21:04

Sorry that I didn't get back sooner but here is the latest update on this situation:

I called Apple Support and they told me to go to the Apple Store so they could check my computer, so I went and they ran some tests and it turned out everything is ok. I also connected it to the internet there and there was no problem with the videos whatsoever, they told me their internet speed there supposedly is 100MB.

So I thought that it was my 50MB internet back home and maybe other devices connected to the internet are taking resources away from my MacBookPro. However when I went home I though of something and just connected my MAC without the USB HUB I bought on Amazon to test the internet again and it turned out it works perfect. Then I connected the USB HUB and the problem started again, so I went with a friend and did further tests at his office with & and without the USB HUB and also tested all the USB-C ports on my MACBookPro and determined that the problem is definitely the USB-C Hub.

So yes, this is the problem: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8 ... Asin_Title DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

I even read some reviews where some people described the same problem I encountered(should had read them before..) So yes I am returning this thing.
Last edited by Venatt on 05 Feb 2019, 00:33, edited 7 times in total.
Venatt

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum