MOOG ONE

Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: MOOG ONE

Post by analogika »

Did you just call the Jupiter 8 a "mediocre analog poly"?

Wow. :-D

I have to agree, though: The ONE basically redefines the high-end professional analogue polysynth market.

It is not a "luxury" keyboard. It is a professional tool, and it's a helluva piece of kit.

I doubt that it will have quite the rough and massive, violent charm of a vintage Memorymoog, but it's going to be the touring and backline poly for anything "moogy" and a lot more.

I'm really looking forward to trying it. It's not going to replace my Lintronics Memorymoog, but I'm glad that this machine exists.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
Ledbetter
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Post by Ledbetter »

I’ve been dealing with Moog’s customer service for years (no exaggeration) trying to get them to replace the main board in my Voyager Select with a non-defective one. They replaced it once with another board in a series that they knew had bad components. Now it’s back with Moog, who told me in September they had replacement boards in stock, but now say that none are “currently available.”)

I would wait to see whether this dog hunts before I bought one. I will not be taking the chance unless a whole lot of people say they’re happy with it.
These users thanked the author Ledbetter for the post:
analogika
Nord Stage 3, Electro 5D, 4D, Lead 2x, Moog Voyager, Little and Slim Phatties, Kawai KG-2C 6 foot grand,
derrellpiper
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Post by derrellpiper »

I'm going to order a Moog One and retire the Subsequent. Sequential also announced the 32-voice, 76-key, hammer action Prophet XL. I really love my Prophet X, but more keys and voices is very tempting. Nords have enough voices, I will say that for them.
Last edited by derrellpiper on 23 Oct 2018, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.
AdamStage2

Post by AdamStage2 »

analogika wrote:Did you just call the Jupiter 8 a "mediocre analog poly"?

Wow. :-D
Yes :oops:

I Never really understood the hype over the JP8,I had one back in the early 90's For a couple years,before prices started to rocket along with a JP6/JP4,I found the JP8 and JP6 rather bland after a while,it didn't help that my JP8 spent most of the time in the repair shop,so this kind of skewed my experience and relationship with it,even some years later playing a friends JP8 I was still not excited by it,but I think first impressions always stick with me so perhaps why I have a stigma with the JP8 so in the end I decided to cut my losses and sell it,thankfully I got more for it than I paid so was happy to sell it on,but in a way kind of kicking myself now over the money that is changing hands for JP8's but you win some you lose some!!Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!

I always wanted a Prophet 5 but never managed to get one at a sensible price,now they are just crazy and not worth the chase,I'm so glad that DSI have made the Prophet 6 which for me is a better option than the P5.

My Favourite Jupiter is the Jupiter 4,I gigged with this for a long time before it completely failed,I was absolutely gutted but by this time the VA Wave of the newer generation synthesisers had started with the original Nord lead so I was sold on this and what it could do so have been hooked on Nords Ever since and shortly after the JP8000 came along,I replaced the JP4 with a more modern JP8000 and never looked back,although it never really sounded as warm or phat it was able to emulate a lot of the sounds I used on the JP4,I always wanted to get another JP4 again and have been tempted on several occasions,but I have lost the bug for Vintage analogs nowadays since we have so many other modern Analogs,I don't want to have to keep these dinosaurs and the upkeep that comes with them financially,Nowadays I satisfy the lust for Analog with a modern DSI Prophet 6 and a Hybrid DSI Pro 2 and those are ample for my Analog fix.

:keyboard:
Last edited by AdamStage2 on 24 Oct 2018, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Quai34
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Post by Quai34 »

+1 on the vintage thing....The more vintage poly that I have is a D50 and a TX802....Not really pure analog maybe that's why they are still working like a charm...
Last edited by Quai34 on 26 Oct 2018, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
analogika

Post by analogika »

Not really analogue at all, in fact. Indeed, really digital. As in, entirely (except for the post-D/A circuitry). As someone who got into synthesis in 1990 with a digital workstation, I have to say it seems really weird to call a D50 "vintage".

But that's just my own vintage showing, I guess.
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
derrellpiper
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Post by derrellpiper »

Some instruments just have a classic sound, the ARP 2600, Odyssey, and OB-X are that way. The Prophet 6 is that for me; it's a Prophet 5 on steroids. Sweetwater says the Moog One should be here by the end of the year, we'll see. The first 8Dio expansion pack is supposed to be available today too, it's a sample of the last vintage Prophet 5.
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.
Quai34
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Post by Quai34 »

analogika wrote:Not really analogue at all, in fact. Indeed, really digital. As in, entirely (except for the post-D/A circuitry). As someone who got into synthesis in 1990 with a digital workstation, I have to say it seems really weird to call a D50 "vintage".

But that's just my own vintage showing, I guess.
Yes, for sure, they are vintage for me as my oldest synth...But my CS15 I had before was more vintage than the D50, correct..
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
kbmatson

Post by kbmatson »

analogika wrote:Did you just call the Jupiter 8 a "mediocre analog poly"?
Yeah - LOL - that caught my attention too. I've owned lots's of Polysynths including Memorymoogs, various Korgs, Yamaha's and the Jupiter 8.

It isn't even close - the Jupiter 8 was the biggest baddest sounding polysynth out of the whole bunch.
analogika

Post by analogika »

Really? The Memorymoog probably knocks it out of the mix in terms of sheer ooomph.

But I’m a Moog guy (as much as I love my JX10, MKS70 and other Rolands...).