Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Sample editor

Postby Taffy94 » 18 Jan 2019, 19:05

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I wish to edit a nbsp file to change one key, ie a key not normally used to play a sound effect at the start of a track. From what I can gather to do this I need the original files used to produce the sample file, if this isn't the case how do I open the file or extract the wavs from it?

I'm under the impression that I would need to resample the sounds and recreate the nbsp file from scratch, is there a good guide on how to do this? not so much the basics but tweaking the settings to ensure a smooth loop on the sample, bearing in mind it's a pad sound.

One other option would be a pedal to switch the program, at the moment I'm doing this by hand but it's clunky and making the transition a bit rough, Electro 5d so the sound quits as soon as I move the program. Not even sure what I would be looking for in this instance, or if it even exists.

Hope someone can help me out

Cheers

Martin
Taffy94

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sample editor

Sponsor

Re: Sample editor

Postby maxpiano » 18 Jan 2019, 20:37

Hi,
a .nbsp? Maybe you mean a .nsmp (Nord Sample) file?

However, yes you cannot edit a .nsmp, you need to recreate from the original Nord Sample Editor project or (if you don't have it) resample it and create a new (your own) one.

Sampling and looping is an "art", there are a few general practical rules (discussed in other threads in this forum too, in the past, for example nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/nord-sample-editor-tutorial-html-t1179.html) but, particularly when it comes to looping, it is a matter of experience, knowledge of digital audio, good eyes and ears. There are "autosampler" softwares that can speed up the waveform sampling, but not the looping (if you want quality).

Maybe the option to use 2 distinct programs and switch them is not so bad, if you want a quick solution ;-)

Otherwise be prepared for some hard (but eventually rewarding) work. :)
Last edited by maxpiano on 18 Jan 2019, 20:41, edited 4 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Sample editor

Postby Taffy94 » 18 Jan 2019, 21:39

HI,

yes nmsp, sorry for the spelling mistake.

Thanks for replying and you've confirmed my fears that there isn't a quick or easy fix for what I wanted to do. I'll have to investigate the procedures and see if I'm able to do it to a satisfactory standard, although I expect it'll take me a while.
Taffy94

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Forum