Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 6 HP Accessories

Postby FMcK90 » 16 Jan 2019, 10:12

Hi, I am looking to get some accessories for my Electro 6 HP. I Still need a pedal, music stand and an amplifier (well a decent one anyway). So my questions...
1. Does the triple pedal work with the electro 6 HP or is it just the single sustain pedal that works?
2. Which music stand should I be buying, is it the V2 stand?
3. Any suggestions for a decent 75w - 100w amp? (Somewhere in the £200-£350 range.)

Any and all answers are greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Thanks, Fraser
Last edited by FMcK90 on 16 Jan 2019, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
FMcK90

Electro 6 HP Accessories

Sponsor

Re: Electro 6 HP Accessories

Postby 23skidoo » 16 Jan 2019, 16:33

There is an entire section of this board dedicated to Amplifiers and Accessories, I suggest you start reading there, look for the FAQ topics there as a good starting place.

The author 23skidoo was thanked by:
FMcK90
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby twofarmers » 16 Jan 2019, 16:41

Welcome,
1. The NE6 is not set up for the triple pedal, so use a good quality sustain pedal. Be aware that some of the Yamaha sustain pedals use a stereo (TRS) plug and do not work on Nord without adapters. Any other good sustain pedal will work.
3. There is an extensive discussion I this forum regarding amplification. Like this one accessories-and-amplification-f8/nord-amplification-faq-t16772.html
It depends on your uses. Is this for live sound with a full band, live use in small jobs where your keys are not in the main system, or for home/studio use. Here is my experience for a monitor with four piece band and front of house mains. I have found, as many others have, that the keyboard amps do not have a very good tone for the acoustic pianos. So most have tried full range PA powered systems. I've owned the EV ZLX15, QSC K10, QSC K8 and the Roland KC350. So far, I don't like the sound of the Roland KC amps, plus I need vocals in my monitor and the Roland does not handle this well. The EV works great, but the throw from the monitor is long and tends to clutter the stage noise. Plus it is large and takes up a lot of stage real estate. The K10 and K8 work great and sound good with a small footprint. I recently found a used K8 at a good price and that is my current rig. Stereo QSC k8 would sound great, maybe next purchase will be another k8! :-) Good luck....tony

The author twofarmers was thanked by:
FMcK90
twofarmers

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby PScooter63 » 16 Jan 2019, 18:24

2. As someone who has had both V1 and V2 music stands in-house simultaneously, any differences between them are functionally inconsequential. Their physical dinensions are identical, in all respects.

The author PScooter63 was thanked by:
FMcK90
PScooter63

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby shmuelyosef » 20 Jan 2019, 01:16

I use a JBL Eon 510 for most gigs...I have two and go stereo if necessary (I have two fold up tripod stands that have been modified to use the post fitting
I also have a pair of Roland KC350 amps that I use when I need the Eons for P.A. duty.

I used to use either a Roland Jazz-Chorus or a Polytone Maxi-Brute for my keyboard amps, and don't miss either of them at all.
shmuelyosef

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby CountFosco » 20 Jan 2019, 05:36

PScooter63 wrote:any differences between them are functionally inconsequential

props for this construction

The author CountFosco was thanked by:
PScooter63
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1