Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Winter NAMM 2019 Can we expect any new Synth/s from Clavia ?

Postby Muziksculp » 15 Jan 2019, 20:46

Hi,

Winter NAMM 2019 begins Jan. 24th !

Can we expect any new Synth/s from Clavia ?

It has been a long time since Clavia introduced a new Synth. Nothing new from them since they released the NLA1 and NL4. I hope they have something to make us excited again this Winter NAMM.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Last edited by Muziksculp on 15 Jan 2019, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

The author Muziksculp was thanked by:
Eumel
Muziksculp

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Winter NAMM 2019 Can we expect any new Synth/s from Clavia ?

Sponsor

Re: Winter NAMM 2019 Can we expect any new Synth/s from Clav

Postby 23skidoo » 15 Jan 2019, 21:38

I'm still excited playing (and designing sounds on) my Lead A1 and Stage 3, and I'm considering getting another Lead to noodle with as well, all of their older lineup interest me for different reasons. While new stuff is nice, I'm plenty happy with the features and functionalities in what we've got already. I'd love for Nord to continue focusing on software improvements to their existing lineup, personally, and keep making their current lineup at their traditional high quality level. That said, who knows when they'll release a new Lead or whatnot. I'd expect an A2 or a Lead 5 maybe next year, this year seems a bit early compared to their historical release / development cycles and we got two synths back to back with the 4 and the A1. But anything could happen!
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby Muziksculp » 15 Jan 2019, 21:55

23skidoo wrote:I'm still excited playing (and designing sounds on) my Lead A1 and Stage 3, and I'm considering getting another Lead to noodle with as well, all of their older lineup interest me for different reasons. While new stuff is nice, I'm plenty happy with the features and functionalities in what we've got already. I'd love for Nord to continue focusing on software improvements to their existing lineup, personally, and keep making their current lineup at their traditional high quality level. That said, who knows when they'll release a new Lead or whatnot. I'd expect an A2 or a Lead 5 maybe next year, this year seems a bit early compared to their historical release / development cycles and we got two synths back to back with the 4 and the A1. But anything could happen!

I differ, I think it has been long enough waiting. I hope they announce/release a new Nord Synth this Winter NAMM.
Last edited by Muziksculp on 15 Jan 2019, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

The author Muziksculp was thanked by:
Eumel
Muziksculp

Postby Eumel » 16 Jan 2019, 05:23

+1 for a new lead

Cheers

Eumel
Nord Stage 4 88
Nord Electro 6 compact
Eumel
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby maxpiano » 16 Jan 2019, 09:57

AdamStage2 wrote:Its about time for a new Nord Modular!

:keyboard:

Or a Nord Wave 2, porting and extending the NS3 synth section into a standalone keyboard?
Last edited by maxpiano on 16 Jan 2019, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby Duplobaustein » 16 Jan 2019, 09:58

Please a mature NL A2.
Duplobaustein

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby e8ndave » 16 Jan 2019, 14:22

maxpiano wrote:
Or a Nord Wave 2, porting and extending the NS3 synth section into a standalone keyboard?

This! I think this would be the last piece of gear I would need for a really long time.
-Dave
[Nord Stage 3] [Nord Lead A1] [Novation Peak 8] [Deluge] [Cobalt8M] [Base Station II] [PolyBrute] [Subsequent 37]
e8ndave

Postby e8ndave » 17 Jan 2019, 17:12

AdamStage2 wrote:
e8ndave wrote: I think this would be the last piece of gear I would need for a really long time.

Hahaha

How many time have I said this!!!

Famous Last words of a Keyboard player!

:D :keyboard2:

Funny, but I have never said it before. I knew I would always be out looking for "the next". I do believe that this would tide me over for 3-4 years (until the stage 4). It would make up for the stuff the 3 is a little light on and be a great addition to the setup.

I saw that Yamaha introduced a CP for Namm that looks to be a lot like a Stage. That will be interesting depending on the pricepoint.
-Dave
[Nord Stage 3] [Nord Lead A1] [Novation Peak 8] [Deluge] [Cobalt8M] [Base Station II] [PolyBrute] [Subsequent 37]
e8ndave

Postby 23skidoo » 17 Jan 2019, 17:26

With the success of the Stage 3 I think many manufacturers are going to try to gun for this market a little more strongly - their huge ponderous workstations probably aren't selling as well as they used to be with people downsizing their home studios and gigging musicians opting for Nords and other lighter weight, more inexpensive boards that are approaching the workstations in flexibility, programmability, and sound quality.

One thing I've noticed is the emphasis in advertising has shifted towards live performance again in the keyboard world - it's always had that as a focus, but there was a large swath of the 90's up to now that really was driving hard on the workstations, studio queens, and other "luxury" boards. I'm not sure exactly who triggered the new emphasis on portability and improvisation in the keyboard market, but now that Korg et al have jumped wholeheartedly back into the game with small and playable synths, Roland's been inspired to step away from their stodgy stuff and market not just to a younger audience but to an audience who wants to "play" the instrument and not just the notes, these are big shifts in the past, what, 5 years or so really? Now that's all I see - ads for performance synths, stage pianos/keys, things designed to be played as a whole and not preset-jumped between labouriously designed sounds from the studio. This, to me, is a very good thing. I'd love to see more live music everywhere, more new music from small local bands, a revival in the scene and not just the tour. If more affordable and powerful stage keyboards and VA synths can contribute to this, I'm all for it.
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby Muziksculp » 23 Jan 2019, 04:28

Sadly, Clavia has not hinted that we can expect a new Nord Synth this Winter NAMM :thumbdown: :roll:

Why Clavia ? Why Not ? Please answer.

On the other hand, they announce red monitors for their Nord Piano :wtf:

https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/nord-piano-monitor
Muziksculp

Next

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum