Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Re: Nord Drum 3p is very noisy

Postby Mag1711 » 23 Oct 2017, 04:46

Hi Mr G,

I'm sorry, I will do what you are suggesting. I was just trying to make a little difference, but I guess I can get better results your way.

The author Mag1711 was thanked by:
Mr_-G-
Mag1711

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Sponsor

Postby simpa » 29 Nov 2017, 08:13

To me it seems like the "noise" really is the result of low bitrate in the reverb algoritm. It sounds the same as a Alesis Midiverb or Digitech 128 or something like that. It is noisy, however I would describe it more as grainy. It is the same characteristics as low bitrate reverbs: a grainy sound with "stale" or undynamic components, the noise level won't rise or fall as the reverb sound rises and fades out, instead it is the same level all the time.
simpa

Postby kroggel » 28 Dec 2017, 10:00

Hey,

i´m pretty surprised. Bought a nord drum 3p for christmas and quess what, the reverb noise still hasn´t been fixed. I mean low bitrate or whatever, there is so much noise all over the reverb that can´t be true. And more so, the Reverb is digital, so this should be fixable with an OS Update. But it really seems like Nord is no longer taking care of the Nord Drum considering the last OS Update is so old. Will keep the device because it´s still uasable and pretty cool without the reverb but won´t consider any other Nord product in the Future, as this really really should have been adressed already.

greetz
kroggel

Postby bentstavanger » 20 Dec 2018, 10:33

I am shocked that this has not been fixed yet. My unit is equally noisy through the headphone out and the line out. If I had known before buying it, I would have gotten something from a different manufacturer... :-(
bentstavanger

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum

Postby kroggel » 14 Jan 2019, 23:17

Yeah,

they seem not interessted in fixing this crap. Saved me money because I´m not interessted in their products anymore.
kroggel

Postby vladod » 25 Feb 2019, 17:42

the same here. noisy (both line outs and headphones) when reverb is on and pad is hit even with lowest velocity possible . amount of noise is constant, not depending on velocity of strike or wet/dry ratio.
strange crackling shortly before endind od noise, constant "release" not depending on patch decay
and of course no response from clavia either.
vladod

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Previous

Return to Nord Drum Forum